Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Baffle Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
    He battle OD is .782

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That should say, “the barrel OD is .782”

Comment

Clayton

Sorry to see you had a baffle strike. Something definitely didn't line up. It could be that the first bullet han a slight strike then another round was fired and the 3 one went askew horribly.

It's not rocket science cutting threads on a barrel. Concentricity is very important between bore an thread tennon. I know how I set up and cut breech/muzzle threads but wonder how its done on a factory barrel on an assembly line CNC. Thinking it was the threads on the Sako barrel.

PS I sent you a 51T mount recently, did that work out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        Clayton

Sorry to see you had a baffle strike. Something definitely didn't line up. It could be that the first bullet han a slight strike then another round was fired and the 3 one went askew horribly.

It's not rocket science cutting threads on a barrel. Concentricity is very important between bore an thread tennon. I know how I set up and cut breech/muzzle threads but wonder how its done on a factory barrel on an assembly line CNC. Thinking it was the threads on the Sako barrel.

PS I sent you a 51T mount recently, did that work out for you?
        Yes, sir it worked perfect. Sighted that rifle in yesterday as well. I was a little apprehensive shooting my other cans

Comment

That should say, “the barrel OD is .782”
          Just curious as to what the OD of the threads themselves measured?

Comment

Originally posted by stick1 View Post
            just curious as to what the od of the threads themselves measured?

Comment

I would think after rolling over they would not measure that large for 5/8 (.632). I just measured one of my custom guns that seems tight on the threads and they come out right around .632 /3 mark.

There are some measurements on this page that may shed light on your issue. I would check shoulder to end of thread, the 'E' measurement, etc. I am sure Stick will be along in a minute to help on these measurement tolerances. Just from your pic and looking at my custom rifles something just does not look right, besides the aftermath of a can going downrange! Btw, has SiCo given you an RMA yet?

Comment

Is that M18 x 1?

Comment

Looking at thread specs for that rifle it seems like some web sites have metric listed and the others 5/8x24, strange. What threads are on the direct thread portion of your Harvester?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    Is that M18 x 1?
                    That makes the most sense since it should have been .707 before the rolled threads.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                      Looking at thread specs for that rifle it seems like some web sites have metric listed and the others 5/8x24, strange. What threads are on the direct thread portion of your Harvester?
                      5/8x24

Comment

5/8x24
                        That is NOT 5/8-24 if you are getting that measurement. 5/8 is .625"! Something is not adding up, or is not making much sense. You would,or should have NEVER been able to thread on a 5/8 adapter with the O.D. you quoted above. Are you sure your first measurement was accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          That is NOT 5/8-24 if you are getting that measurement. 5/8 is .625"! Something is not adding up, or is not making much sense. You would,or should have NEVER been able to thread on a 5/8 adapter with the O.D. you quoted above. Are you sure your first measurement was accurate?

I’m sure on all the measurements and just double checked to make sure I had the 5/8x24 adaptor in the Harvester. I can’t re-mic the threads as I shipped the gun to Beretta today. I plan to let them rethread or re-barrel it then take it to my gunsmith.

Here is the my harvester with the 5/8x24 adaptor in it and my 1/2x28 next to it.

Comment

Baffle Strike

That makes the most sense since it should have been .707 before the rolled threads.

I’m not familiar with M18x1 threading at all. I will call Beretta Monday. Maybe they can look up my rifle by serial number and tell me the thread pattern used.

Comment

5/8x24
                              Man, I would take a look at the thread spec I posted above. Your rolled measurement looks more like an M18 as stick pointed out. It is looking like the barrel threading was not correct. Good news, your can will be back from SiCo before a good Smith fixes that host. A good lesson for all of us to double check factory barrels.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, I would take a look at the thread spec I posted above. Your rolled measurement looks more like an M18 as stick pointed out. It is looking like the barrel threading was not correct. Good news, your can will be back from SiCo before a good Smith fixes that host. A good lesson for all of us to double check factory barrels.

Side note, I am not real sure I would re use that direct thread adaptor on another host. You know what happened to the barrel, bite the bullet and order another from SiCo.

Comment

Working...
                                X