Baffle Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
    Since it was the third suppressed round fired I can assume the threads were concentric to the barrel.

Maybe it came loose just enough to cause it to have a strike. Other than that the only other thing could be something wrong with the load on that one particular round.
    Have you shot with that can on the same host before?

You can go fill out the RMA form on the Website and you will probably need a copy of your form-4 to go along with it. What do the threads on the host look like?

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      Have you shot with that can on the same host before?

No, this was a brand new Sako.

You can go fill out the RMA form on the Website and you will probably need a copy of your form-4 to go along with it. What do the threads on the host look like?
      They are rolled over or flattened on top now. I will take a picture in just a bit and post it.

Comment

I've seen that happen....

a couple of months back two guys in a row. One was shooting a suppressed AR in .223 I believe. He was sitting two seats over from me and asked if we could make the line cold. I said sure and he walked out about 20 yards and picked his can up. He swore he had it screwed down tight. We didn't see any visible damage to it though.

Second guy was shooting a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmore. I was watching him and the first shot out of the bag he launched his can at least 30 yards down range. Again, we didn't see any visible damage.

Both of these were direct thread cans. Mine is a quick detach and I've always been a little leary of it, but I've not had a single issue. My father nicked the exit of his with a .223, but it didn't blow the can off the rifle.

Comment

I had a buddy shoot his silencerco 40yds down range on a baffle strike......not good fellas.

That being said, there is another suppressor manufacturer more notorious for baffle strikes and playing can pick up down range!!

Comment

Going to leave this right here.... Don't launch your cans!

Makers of the Honey Badger, The FIX, and other UNPOSSIBLY badass stuff. If you want cookie cutter, you've come to the wrong place.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post

Makers of the Honey Badger, The FIX, and other UNPOSSIBLY badass stuff. If you want cookie cutter, you've come to the wrong place.

Jason Slocum
              (1) Not relevant, because the OP's direct-thread baffle strike has nothing to do with the QD system that the Plan B was designed to improve.
              (2) Not relevant, because the Plan B doesn't even fit OP's can.
              (3) There are too many silencer companies whose top staff are not complete penises to give any of your money to Kevin and his ilk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post

Jason Slocum
                I wouldn’t buy a single thing from that guy. Biggest jackass in the industry.

OP. Can came loose or bad threads. I’d get the threads checked first. SiCo will take care of you.

Comment

Get ahold of Morgan at class 3 machining. Let him check your threads. I know he rethreads a lot of factory threaded barrels do to inconsistency. My concern is why the first 2 were fine. Maybe the threads just weren't cut properly to hold on.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    I wouldn’t buy a single thing from that guy. Biggest jackass in the industry.

OP. Can came loose or bad threads. I’d get the threads checked first. SiCo will take care of you.
                    My delima now is do I send the rifle to Beretta or take it to my gunsmith and have it cut, recrowned and threaded....

Comment

Originally posted by cbrown View Post
                      My delima now is do I send the rifle to Beretta or take it to my gunsmith and have it cut, recrowned and threaded....
                      Have it checked by a smith. Rule it out. I’d have him redo it. Not the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Have it checked by a smith. Rule it out. I’d have him redo it. Not the factory.
                        Agree, in fact most suppressor companies call out checking factory threaded barrels as they are typically cut very loose.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks OP! I’ve had cans loosen up after a few shots, so I check them often. SiCo will definitely take care of you

Comment

I had a can launch and I thought I had it tight.
                            Silencer Co fixed it. They have a one time fix stupid warranty.
                            I’ve also had a slightly smaller cap which I thought was rated for my caliber. They fixed that too after I explained the issue and the confusion.

It’s a good thing you are ok and nothing serious. Hopefully you will be able to figure out the problem.

Comment

Op, can we get a pic of the barrel end and the thread deflection? I am not a Sako expert, but every picture I see of the big game is a very light barrel contour.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                                Op, can we get a pic of the barrel end and the thread deflection? I am not a Sako expert, but every picture I see of the big game is a very light barrel contour.

He battle OD is .782

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X