Fredericksburg low fence surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg low fence surprise

Me and my brother made our first trip to the lease this year just north of Fredericksburg this weekend. We made our first sit on Friday morning and my little brother had a pretty big surprise about 7:45. Standing about 300 yards away on the other hill was a huge elk. My grandad had hunted this place for over 50 years before he passed in February and had never seen an elk and very few exotics. My brother sends me a text and ask what he should do. I told him get out and go get him!!! The entire time I am thinking he has no chance to get close enough with a bow, as it is pretty open on top of the hill he was hunting. I was sitting in the bottom below him and was having a small panic attack wondering what was happening above me. About 8:45 I hear an elk bark not far behind my feeder and then what sounds like my brother talking. I immediately get out of the tripod and start walking towards where he is talking. Half way down the tripod I get a text that says "I got him". I walked up the hill from my tripod and my brother is standing 50 yards away, he threw his hands up and ran straight for me. The elk had only made it 30 yards after the shot, and was only 100 yards behind my feeder. When I first saw him I couldn't believe how big this animal actually was. Turns out he shot and missed him at 60 yards, and then cut him off at 40 yards down in a draw and made a perfect shot on him. On a side note we made our first trip to Colorado elk hunting the first of September. We saw one small 4x3 bull. First weekend in the hill country my brother kills a 7x6 giant. So as far as we know there are just as many elk in the hill country as Colorado. There is no doubt this was a gift from grandad up above. I could only imagine what he was saying while all of this was taking place. Sorry for the long read, but this is some stuff that never happens to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome!

Congrats to him

Comment

WOW!!! That’s awesome!

Comment

Wow
        That's awesome

Comment

A BIG Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Heck of a bull! Congrats!

Comment

i doubt if anybody tops that this year! Congratulations!

Comment

Wow - that will go down as a page in your families history? Huge congrats!

Comment

Oh heck yeah! Great bull

Comment

That's cooler than the other side of the pillow!! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Dig it

Comment

Wayda Go!! great bull

Comment

Unbelievable! That is too cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X