No announcement yet.

Let's See your Wood Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use the French Cleat to the extent that the video shows, but I do use it to hang cabinets in the shop, and I also used it in the 2nd bedroom to hang a twin headboard above a queen-sized bed. It is so simple---for cabinets, just take a 1x4 and rip it down the middle at a 45-deg angle. Put one on the wall and the other on the back of whatever you are hanging. If you screw it up, just flip one of the pieces and refasten.

Can be used to hang heavy pictures as well--and if you pay attention to getting things level, won't ever have to worry about a cock-eyed picture.

Comment

Here is mine so far

Built this workbench firstClick image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1405.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	24474797

Comment

Then used that to build the cabinets and work topClick image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	24474798
        Attached Files

Comment

clamp rack is hung with french cleat too

Comment

You guys inspired me to organize my tool box a little...just used a router to cut some slots for my wrenches. If anyone has a better DIY system for this, please share it before I do the others

Comment

Here is the French cleats I've been working on.

Need to build more tool holders
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it's going to work out well!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Still getting mine all set up at our new house, but there was something that the previous owner had built and left that I really like and have been using some already. I'll try and get a pic of it soon. It's basically a square base with a round top built on it. On top of the base, he mounted caster wheels upside down that the round top rolls on. I have 4 different power tools mounted to the top (band saw, sander, grinder and drill press). Whichever one I want to use, I just slide it around and am good to go. Simple, yet ingenious.....

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      I don't use the French Cleat to the extent that the video shows, but I do use it to hang cabinets in the shop, and I also used it in the 2nd bedroom to hang a twin headboard above a queen-sized bed. It is so simple---for cabinets, just take a 1x4 and rip it down the middle at a 45-deg angle. Put one on the wall and the other on the back of whatever you are hanging. If you screw it up, just flip one of the pieces and refasten.

Can be used to hang heavy pictures as well--and if you pay attention to getting things level, won't ever have to worry about a cock-eyed picture.

YUP^^^ and best thing is you can mark the wall pcs every 16"s and then get one screw in on the side or center somewhere and then just run down the board sinking screws in. This works really good for heavy hanging stuff. Like shelves etc.

Comment

I would but I need to clean it up first.

Comment

My woodworking skills are not up to par to even attempt something like that.

Does this setup work well for say sliding drawers or shelves?

Comment

Made this in partly my shop and my neighbors. He's a professional carpenter so,he has all the cool stuff.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cool

Comment

Made some progress. Added to the French cleats and started running hard pipe for the dust collection
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X