Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ol' Maverick.....Thanks for your service. Enjoy your retirement.....NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    What is the story on his arms? I understand the Songbird reference.

I understand what the General said, I have also heard that General say some other things ...
    From what I understand the Maverick pulled a Goose. When he ejected over N Vietnam he went up into the canopy and broke his arms. Being that he was not in a place with good hospitals they were never reset properly. At least that's what I have heard.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      From what I understand the Maverick pulled a Goose. When he ejected over N Vietnam he went up into the canopy and broke his arms. Being that he was not in a place with good hospitals they were never reset properly. At least that's what I have heard.
      That is what I have read - There was an issue with the ejection. And the coming home narrative can also be shown in two different lights as well.

Comment

McCain tells a somewhat different story in his memoir. He says a bystander smashed a rifle butt into his shoulder, breaking it, while someone else stuck a bayonet into his ankle and groin.

Yea, it kinda hurts his credibility when Johnny came out with another version entirely.

If you want a window into the man (leaving out politics, military experience, personal views, etc) look into his first marriage.

Comment

There was a big push back in the day by Vietnam Vets lobbying congress to try and put pressure on Vietnam in terms of tracking down on the POW/MIA that never came home. The guys knew the prisons and knew their buddies were still there as slave laborers. John McCain shut them down at every turn he could. He refused to allow any looking into of the prisons and possible MIA/POWs still out there. Fought it tooth and nail. Said he knew for a fact there were none. Go to you tube and watch the videos of the testimony on capitol hill back in the 80s I think it was. Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            There was a big push back in the day by Vietnam Vets lobbying congress to try and put pressure on Vietnam in terms of tracking down on the POW/MIA that never came home. The guys knew the prisons and knew their buddies were still there as slave laborers. John McCain shut them down at every turn he could. He refused to allow any looking into of the prisons and possible MIA/POWs still out there. Fought it tooth and nail. Said he knew for a fact there were none. Go to you tube and watch the videos of the testimony on capitol hill back in the 80s I think it was. Disgusting.
            Ive looked at some of them - His temper is ridiculous. Most of the people that seek information have criticized him personally and called into question his integrity / experience.

Not an excuse at all, but insulting someone with his obvious control doesnt seem to have worked in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Ive looked at some of them - His temper is ridiculous. Most of the people that seek information have criticized him personally and called into question his integrity / experience.

Not an excuse at all, but insulting someone with his obvious control doesnt seem to have worked in their favor.
              My question is what's his motivation. I mean why would you stonewall that? I guess I can believe him or I can believe the countless vets that served in Vietnam that have told me different.

Regardless of all that, he has done a lot of harm to the American people out of greed and ego. Especially as of late, voting against something the majority are for just out of spite because he hates Trump. Shows no character, nor morals and no compassion towards his fellow man. Just like a songbird in POW camp would act.

I could be wrong but that my .02

Comment

He's not right in the head due to medical reasons, but it sure looks like his true colors are coming out. Just another never Trump're.

Comment

Working...
                X