"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Definitely wouldn't want to tangle with that one! Ol boy could do some damage quick.
    I found your boar. Died right next to the water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it cheating to put an arrow in him now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

Nice. Did you find any broadheads in him? Don't think it was the end of this one.....??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

He stunk too bad to look at then, but I'll go back this weekend and see.

Comment

He stunk too bad to look at then, but I'll go back this weekend and see.

I doubt it was, never know though.... I shoot 2 blade heads

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats more than likely him. Tracked him 150 yards or so before we lost him and from what chief said he only went another 100 yards or so. ****!! Will try and get out there and get his head. I hate not being able to find it and the meat going to waste.

Comment

Any thoughts on why the carcass is not torn to shreds by coyotes? My neighbor runs about 40 cattle. Between coyotes and vultures, stillborn calve carcasses don't last more than 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                  Any thoughts on why the carcass is not torn to shreds by coyotes? My neighbor runs about 40 cattle. Between coyotes and vultures, stillborn calve carcasses don't last more than 3 days.
                  Coyotes don't touch them out there for some reason. I imagine is that they are afraid of them and try to avoid them. Chief shot a sow a couple of weeks ago and buzzards didn't even touch her after a week.

Comment

I am curious of this as well. I am guessing that the carcass might be covered by bushes. But don't understand why coyotes cannot find it. Maybe the meat inside has been consumed?
                    Buzzard will tear it if they can find. Years ago, few days after heli shot hogs at Granger, I spooked a flock buzzards in the wood, they were eating the dead hog on the ground.

Comment

hey everyone i just started bow hunting at granger. if any needs some help out there let me know.. ill be there all weekend hog hunting. hopefully i can stick one.

Comment

Originally posted by kellwill View Post
                        hey everyone i just started bow hunting at granger. if any needs some help out there let me know.. ill be there all weekend hog hunting. hopefully i can stick one.
                        Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kellwill View Post
                          I'll be out there tomorrow as well, good hunting!

Comment

Do y'all mind telling me what the rabbit and squirrel populations are like at granger? I like traveling to try different areas and was thinking about trying it for small game next year.

Comment

I've mainly seen jackrabbits out there, but I've heard that people have had some luck with cotton tails and swamp rabbits.

Comment

Saw 65 pigs today. If anybody finds a 100 pound boar floating near sore finger, it belongs to me. I wasn't about to swim for it as chief suggested.

Comment

Working...
                                X