Hand Vibration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Vibration...

I just bought a new Mathews Reezen 6.5 and seem to have some slight hand vibration when im shooting. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Get a Hoyt!

JK. Seriously, I would first check and make sure everything is tuned and working properly. Beyond that, a quality stabilizer and some string leeches.

Comment

thanks. Any specific recomendations on the string leeches? I have also been looking into getting a dead end string stop. Will this help with the problem?

Comment

for sure check and make sure everything is tuned first then try a doinker stabilizer they have some of the best on the market at this time! string leaches are not needed, dead end stop is highly suggested though!

Comment

If not already...

Make sure you are shooting a proper spined and weighted arrow.

Comment

x2

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
            If not already...

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
              If not already...

Yep... the vibration you feel is most likely energy that is wasted because a light arrow cannot use the energy produced by the bow and so the overage is funneled back into the limbs and then the riser.. Borrow a heavier arrow from someone and shoot it... I'd bet money the vibration will disappear without hanging a bunch of stuff on the bow simply to absorb wasted energy...

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I am going to try and switch to a 340 spine arrow at 9.3gpi and see if this helps. Thanks again!

Comment

if you put on string leeches, i would use the whiskers. it doesnt slow down your bow as much and works just as good or better.

Comment

Just ordered a Dead End String Stop today also. Cant wait to get it in and install it.

Comment

agree that the heavier arrows will probably fix it. If not, stay with the heavier arrows and switch out the bottom harmonic dampner with a harmonic stabilizer and you should be good.

Comment

put the String Stop on my 6.5 and virbration gone

Comment

Originally posted by mac0515 View Post
                          put the String Stop on my 6.5 and virbration gone
                          Good to hear! I'm hopeing it will do the same with my 6.5.

Comment

the string stop and heavier arrow should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat85 View Post
                              Just ordered a Dead End String Stop today also. Cant wait to get it in and install it.
                              I put a string tamer on my switchback xt and it made a WORLD of difference. Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X