No announcement yet.

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.8 miles into a 10+ mile ruck march this morning. Got the ruck at 38# before water. This will cap a 4 day stretch where I put in 6.6 miles a day the last 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished at 10.4 miles. Pace was 3.4mph. Need to work on upping that.

Comment

Interesting. Does hiking with 15 lbs of photography equipment count?

Comment

My buddies and I have started incorporating rucks into our workouts as we are wanting to get into more western hunting.

Weve been doing 2-6 mile rucks with a 50# san**** and also incorporating HIIT and shooting our bows as well.

Will be pulling a trigger on an Exo Pack here soon enough

Enjoy following your threads, might be making me finally pull the trigger on a fly fishing set up.

Comment

We're looking at moving into a house on a green belt up north of us and after reading your thread about the fishing/rucking adventure and finally finding my container of rucks in the shed I think I'm going to follow your lead and start rucking to get into a little better shape.

Following.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              My buddies and I have started incorporating rucks into our workouts as we are wanting to get into more western hunting.

Weve been doing 2-6 mile rucks with a 50# san**** and also incorporating HIIT and shooting our bows as well.

Will be pulling a trigger on an Exo Pack here soon enough

Enjoy following your threads, might be making me finally pull the trigger on a fly fishing set up.
              Now that I have the 10 miler at 38# down using the daypack ruck, I am going to add a 50# external frame pack ruck in the mix. I bought a cabellas freighter type pack for just hauling heavy stuff... like elk

on getting a fly fishing setup.

Comment

Great job Scott!!

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                  We're looking at moving into a house on a green belt up north of us and after reading your thread about the fishing/rucking adventure and finally finding my container of rucks in the shed I think I'm going to follow your lead and start rucking to get into a little better shape.

Following.

Richard.
                  I am jealous of the hills you have at your disposal there. Flat as a pancake here. I have definately noticed a difference in fitness between rucking and just plain walking. I think you would enjoy it... especially if you view it as a skill required to go on an epic hunt.

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                    Great job Scott!!
                    Thanks bud!

Comment

Knocked out another 10 miler this morning with 35 base weight.

Now off to the waterpark... for some more walking and stairs

Comment

Worked on pace on the last half of my morning ruck. Finished strong with 45 minutes at a 15:00 pace. The first 1:15 was at my normal 17:30 - 18:00 pace. Felt good and turned in my fastest 2 hour ruck.

Comment

Wow,
                          Just started rucking this week. Made four 6 mile trips with 25lbs in my backpack. 4 2 liter plastic cola bottles filled with water and a few other thing got me to 25lb. Same as you SwampRabbit, 2 knee surgeries have killed my marathon days but I love to walk.

Been walking all summer but when I put that pack on Monday afternoon I started feeling soreness (a good thing) in different areas. I am going up in weight this weekend and hopefully get to 40lbs before my elk hunt. For a semi in shape guy lugging 25lbs on your back for 6 miles will take the air out of your sail.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                            Wow,
                            Just started rucking this week. Made four 6 mile trips with 25lbs in my backpack. 4 2 liter plastic cola bottles filled with water and a few other thing got me to 25lb. Same as you SwampRabbit, 2 knee surgeries have killed my marathon days but I love to walk.

Been walking all summer but when I put that pack on Monday afternoon I started feeling soreness (a good thing) in different areas. I am going up in weight this weekend and hopefully get to 40lbs before my elk hunt. For a semi in shape guy lugging 25lbs on your back for 6 miles will take the air out of your sail.
                            It is definately a different animal. A pack mule vs a race horse. I will forewarn that 40# is a pretty big jump from 25#. I adapted to 25# pretty quick too. I jumped to 35+ by walking a mile or two with it to get used to the load and it sits. You use different support muscles, especially in the hips as you go up. I now train with just the 35+ and when I day hike with actual gear, I feel like tye pack isn't even there.

I put on a 58# pack the other day and couldnt hold a steady pace above 3mph for even a quarter mile. The logistics of even getting the pack on was hard to work through.

What pack are you using?

Comment

Rucking works

I am down right at 30 lbs since June 7th. Walking 4 miles with my pack about 4-5 days a week. Life happens and some nights I can't get it in. It takes about an hour & 20 minutes, which averages out to be right at 3 miles an hour. Getting ready for Colorado Sept 15th. I highly recommend it over running if you are over 55. Less abuse on the older knees, ligaments and such.

Comment

Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Congrats everyone on the results and determination, I necessarily didn't ruck but I walked/ran/jogged with a 20 pound vest during the spring and summer and with this humidity and heat I shed pounds quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X