Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford made some good products back then.

Comment

Home stretch...starting to see light at the end of this tunnel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      Last edited by JonBoy; 05-14-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

For a moment, I thought you had a home made skate board under the main body.
        Then I realized what you were doing with the casters . I've built some pretty big tanks in my time, in the past. And have used lots of different types and sizes of rollers, rotatory rollers, and giros.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          For a moment, I thought you had a home made skate board under the main body.
          Then I realized what you were doing with the casters . I've built some pretty big tanks in my time, in the past. And have used lots of different types and sizes of rollers, rotatory rollers, and giros.
          Yeah I had to make due with what I had Moving that thing around to work on various sections has been no small feat

Comment

Are you going to add a dampner to the stack? How are you going to control air flow at the firebox also?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
              Are you going to add a dampner to the stack? How are you going to control air flow at the firebox also?
              Damper is already on the chimney...just need to add a handle to move it back & forth. I have the 8" cutout from the firebox that will mount to the door and swivel back & forth to cut off air flow to the fire. Those plus the side load firebox door handle are the last things I need to put on the pit to finish it out and then I need to finish the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                Damper is already on the chimney...just need to add a handle to move it back & forth. I have the 8" cutout from the firebox that will mount to the door and swivel back & forth to cut off air flow to the fire. Those plus the side load firebox door handle are the last things I need to put on the pit to finish it out and then I need to finish the stand.

Cool deal, looks like a lot of work! But looks good keep it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pit! Looks like your welds coming along just fine. Let me know where to bring the hamburgers!

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                    Great pit! Looks like your welds coming along just fine. Let me know where to bring the hamburgers!

The heck with hamburgers! Brisket and baby back ribs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the temp gauges and firebox side loading door mounted. Added a bit of weld bling to it too Just missing 2 handles and the pit will be ready to paint...Stand only need cross braces and wheels to be done and have pit mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
                        Thanks!...I'm pretty comfortable on the Mig now. Stick welding has been challenging but I'm starting to get it. Learned all about arc blow last weekend (the hard way) . All-in-all this has been a blast

Last edited by JonBoy; 05-20-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Looks nice can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

Stand is nearly complete. Need to mount wheels and do the wrap around shelf but that will be after I place the pit on the stand. I'm starting to smell BBQ!!!

Last edited by JonBoy; 05-23-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

WOW... I like it!

Comment

Took the afternoon off and borrowed a crane to get it mounted and welded to the stand. She's mobile...just needs some cleanup and paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X