No announcement yet.

It's honeysuckle planting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it all over my farm. Deer do browse it some but I put it in the average preference category . It grows along edges everywhere. I do keep an eye on it as an indicator specie for population mgt.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
      I have it all over my farm. Deer do browse it some but I put it in the average preference category . It grows along edges everywhere. I do keep an eye on it as an indicator specie for population mgt.
      Maybe because its always been there? I would think if the deer always have had it on demand that they wouldn't go at it as much. Kind of like now that I live a block away from Whataburger, I don't eat there nearly as much as I used to because its so close. (And I ate it ALOT when I moved here) Just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser86 View Post
        Maybe because its always been there? I would think if the deer always have had it on demand that they wouldn't go at it as much. Kind of like now that I live a block away from Whataburger, I don't eat there nearly as much as I used to because its so close. (And I ate it ALOT when I moved here) Just my thought.
        Also some honeysuckle is not as preferred as others. I planted Japanese since it is suppose to be preferred. Have to finish planting the rest this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Also some honeysuckle is not as preferred as others. I planted Japanese since it is suppose to be preferred. Have to finish planting the rest this weekend.
          Looking forward to your results Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
            Looking forward to your results Brandon.
            Thanks Daniel. Looking forward to the results myself.

Comment

How can you tell what you have and also it is very hard to clip a vine of a living plant and have it grow? I have a pretty good sized honey suckle in the back yard that produces the very bright orange flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                How can you tell what you have and also it is very hard to clip a vine of a living plant and have it grow? I have a pretty good sized honey suckle in the back yard that produces the very bright orange flowers.
                I ordered mine from a nursery. They aren't that expensive.

Comment

following. how are they doing so far? only been a couple months but wondered how they were doing in the hot/dry.

Comment

Working...
                  X