New bowstring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bowstring

I'm in the market for a new bow string and am wanting to know what to look for when buying one. What material should I want to get it made out of? What should I know when buying one? I've heard of 60 x and want to buy from them but I have a local bow shop that builds their own strings gonna call tomorrow and see what they're made of, thanks in advance!!!

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
    I'm in the market for a new bow string and am wanting to know what to look for when buying one. What material should I want to get it made out of? What should I know when buying one? I've heard of 60 x and want to buy from them but I have a local bow shop that builds their own strings gonna call tomorrow and see what they're made of, thanks in advance!!!
    Ask them what material and serving they use then go to 3 Rivers Archery, Lancaster Archery Supply, or Brownells and look at the products available. I bought several spools of UltraCam a few years back and it is good enough for me which is good because I have enough to make a bunch of strings and don't shoot the compound all that much. You can tell what the latest and greatest is by the price. I think halo serving is still the way to go for servings. Another thought, go read a bit in the string making forum on archerytalk.com. A bunch of professional and do-it-yourself string makers hang out there. It won't take long to figure out what the "in" material is.

Comment

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us even if you plan to purchase elsewhere. We're always willing to educate the consumer. There may be some helpful articles in our blog as well. www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog/

Comment

Originally posted by 60X Bowstrings View Post
        If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us even if you plan to purchase elsewhere. We're always willing to educate the consumer. There may be some helpful articles in our blog as well. www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog/
        I'm actually going to go ahead and purchase from you guys seems to be the best to go ahead and send the money on your string and get a quality one

Comment

String come up from the cam

Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesn’t bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. I’m in kileen Texas and DICK’S and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. I’m glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. I’m thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. It’s a Hoyt tribute Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spanishmdos View Post
            Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesn’t bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. I’m in kileen Texas and ****’S and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. I’m glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. I’m thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. It’s a Hoyt tribute Thanks
            If your in Killeen there is an archery shop nocked and loaded or in Lampassas there is Hoffy's

Comment

Originally posted by Spanishmdos View Post
              Good morning I read you post and i hope it doesn’t bother you, but I was putting my d-loop in the string and when I pull a little sideways the string cane up from the cam, I guess lesson learned. I’m in kileen Texas and DICK’S and academy don do strings work. Do you know a place where is free or cheap. I’m glad that I got a bow and the equipment but money is tight and now happened this to my bow. I’m thinkkng to sell it and forget about it. It’s a Hoyt tribute Thanks
              There is a Nocked and Loaded right off Stan Schlueter and 195. Sure they could do it. The best bow tech IMO is Aaron Barton at Hoffy's in Lampasas. He's worth the drive

Comment

Working...
              X