No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Double-AA;12027145]I lost my set of hunting sticks while scouting a new spots on the vine yesterday. Grrrrrr, does anyone else lose items from time-to-time?

I found my tripod this morning, along with something nice at the end of my arrow. It wasnt the coyote I saw either!

Nothing on the vine though!

Comment

Did anyone hear anything about a monster 12 point that was shot this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
        Did anyone hear anything about a monster 12 point that was shot this morning?
        No, but I caught some yahoo last night trying to drag a nice 3.5 yr old buck about 15" wide through my yard and had to cuss him out...

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          No, but I caught some yahoo last night trying to drag a nice 3.5 yr old buck about 15" wide through my yard and had to cuss him out...

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention was that I hunted last Sunday morning!

I have a thermometer on one of my zipper pulls and it read 11 degrees.

After having a terrible time with the IWOM I returned it. Luckily I have a buddy that reps First Lite, so he lent me his sanctuary bibs and jacket.

I wanted to cuss him for lending me around $600 worth of clothing, because after wearing that in those temperatures, nothing else compares. It costs a fortune, but I didn't get cold.

I'll be saving up for it between now and next season. Boot wise I was using artic shield boot blankets over some boots with 400gr of primaloft. With a hand warmer in them, they work too!

You can scoff at it, but if you get cold and are considering a new bow, when has a new bow kept you in the stand longer?

The single biggest factor to killing deer is time on stand. I'm near 300 hours this season. It's paid off. But it ain't easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              One thing I forgot to mention was that I hunted last Sunday morning!

I have a thermometer on one of my zipper pulls and it read 11 degrees.

After having a terrible time with the IWOM I returned it. Luckily I have a buddy that reps First Lite, so he lent me his sanctuary bibs and jacket.

I wanted to cuss him for lending me around $600 worth of clothing, because after wearing that in those temperatures, nothing else compares. It costs a fortune, but I didn't get cold.

I'll be saving up for it between now and next season. Boot wise I was using artic shield boot blankets over some boots with 400gr of primaloft. With a hand warmer in them, they work too!

You can scoff at it, but if you get cold and are considering a new bow, when has a new bow kept you in the stand longer?

The single biggest factor to killing deer is time on stand. I'm near 300 hours this season. It's paid off. But it ain't easy!

That's the exact stuff that I wear. I thought the same thing about the price. But once I wore it out duck hunting last Sunday...I thought man I'm glad I bought this. Didn't get cold under the First Lite gear!

I've been wearing First Lite for 2 seasons now at the vine and it's all still in great shape even with the long treks through the nasty stuff the vine has to offer. I've been happy with all of my First Lite gear.

Comment

To whoever's moultrie I stood in front of today, I hope you got a great pic of me!

And don't break your neck falling out of your lock on. I know 6 ft up is really scary and all, but somehow I think you'll survive it.

Last edited by Kirby86; 12-22-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Grapevine Bobcat

What a fabulous evening to be out. I found some fresh rubs this afternoon and I set up in a natural blind near the rubs. I was anxious to see what came by. Perhaps the deer are coming into heat again? I was hoping to see or hear some turkeys in preparation for spring turkey season. Just a great night to be out.
                  Last edited by RedTail Hunter; 12-22-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

What a nice evening you had obeying all the rules.
                    Last edited by Kirby86; 12-22-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Don't think your supposed to shoot cats or coyotes out there
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 12-22-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Sss.
                        Last edited by Kirby86; 12-22-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

U can shoot coyotes and not bobcats?

Comment

You one funny guy Kirby!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                              To whoever's moultrie I stood in front of today, I hope you got a great pic of me!

And don't break your neck falling out of your lock on. I know 6 ft up is really scary and all, but somehow I think you'll survive it.

I think I may know where this is...

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
                                I think I may know where this is...

Not only do I know where that is, I saw the bearded fellow who hunts there, he drives a Tacoma

Comment

Working...
                                X