Bow for my 5 year old son?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow for my 5 year old son?

I'm looking for a good starter bow for my son, he will be 6 in June and is itching to shoot with me. I want to start him on a longbow or recurve, something inexpensive that he can just have fun with. Any suggestions yall might have on a good starter bow are greatly appreciated.

Where are you located? I have a small compound I will give him if you're in the Houston area

Comment

I appreciate it, but I live up east of Dallas in Wills Point

Comment

I started my boy on this:

My thoughts were that if he wasn't into it, I wouldn't be out much. It was enough to teach him good form and he could have fun with me. He was 5 at the time. He is 8 now and shooting a Nuclear Ice. His 5 yo sister now shoots the little bow and she loves it.

Comment

I'd go with something like Bear 1st Shot or Barnett Lil' Sioux. They are both ambidextrous, cheap, light and will give your kid a good foundation just to make sure they are into it. I got Em one for Christmas and she loves it. She's an athletic, big 7 and the draw is still a bit stiff for her, but we focus on form more than accuracy at this point. When she gets the form right, she always hits what she's aiming for anyway.

Comment

Exactly what I bought my son early last year stoof. This year I bought him the diamond atomic. Great investment he'll grow into it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
              Where are you located? I have a small compound I will give him if you're in the Houston area
              What type do you have in Houston, I may be interested in buying for my 5yr old. I have a diamond atomic that's set up for his older brother and sister now.

Comment

My 3 year old uses a bear Wario 3

Comment

If you can make it to Waxahachie this weekend I have a long bow my son used when he was about 5 you can have. Shoot me a text if you can make it. I work all weekend so I can bring it with me to work. 2149126971

Comment

Look at bob sarrels web page he has some kid bows and I bet you will end up with one to play with as well they are perfect and shoot straight .

Comment

Give this guy a look. I bought one for my daughter at 6years old she is still shooting it. Very good quality and the trade in program is hard to beat. Great customer service.

Comment

My 6 year old sister shoots my old Parker Sidekick and she needs help pulling it back after about 5 shots but she loves it.

Comment

I bought my son a Matrix Jr recurve bow for his 5th birthday, we have upgraded the limbs and he still shoots it with me. Here's a link if you're interested

Comment

Bear Panda is what I started my son on. Am about to start my 5 year old grandson on the same bow. Heck, it is just powerful enough to actually stick an arra in a bag target and that is what will thrill the young 'uns. It is also ambidextrous so if your kiddo is not grounded one way or the other, you can experiment with it. It is also short so vertically challenged kids can shoot it comfortably.

Comment

Check out a Mission Mini Genesis. Depends on the child.

Comment

Working...
                              X