Garth Brooks @ Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Yet take the time to type that out..strange. Not a fan per say but he is a hell of an entertainer.
    LOL! It took all of about 15 seconds and I have huge thumbs. #butthurtfanalert

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Wouldn’t look out the window if he was playing in my backyard.
      Same.

“Fat ham flying around on wires”. LOL
      Chris Gaines WTH
      Retired? Whatever
      “More money than my grandkid’s grandkids can spend” What a thing to say to people paying big money for tickets.

Comment

The eyes tell the tale.
        Attached Files

Comment

Can't stand him.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            I was at the nacogdoches show. I was like 10 lol
            I was at the nacogdoches show, too. 92 or 93 I think.

Comment

I was. 24th row on the floor. were you there I guess also?

Yes, we couldn't get floor seats because we had such a big group, but I walked down to snap a few pics.

I was honestly never much of a Garth fan when I was younger, but he put on a great performance. I enjoyed watching him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Not a fan since his second album. His first one was pretty good, then he got weird. I saw him open for Ricky Van Shelton at the heart of Texas rodeo in Waco in about 89 of 90. Was just him and a guitar. No band or pyro or flying fat men or anything like that. He was pretty good back then. His show would probably be something to see if you where into that sort of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BW412 View Post
                  I was at the nacogdoches show, too. 92 or 93 I think.
                  I looked it up. Nov 11, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Yes, we couldn't get floor seats because we had such a big group, but I walked down to snap a few pics.

I was honestly never much of a Garth fan when I was younger, but he put on a great performance. I enjoyed watching him.

Thats cool. I could not talk when I left. I sang every song he sang lol. I was a huge garth fan growing up. I still love all his old stuff and know it all by heart. He is by far one of the greatest entertainers of all time. I thought he did an excellent job for the FFA kids. I was kind of expecting a watered down show, but he went all out.

Where you chaperoning for an ffa chapter or do you teach now?

Comment

I think he has some really good songs and he's a good performer. But I think that is what he is, A Performer. I don't really believe he is a country singer at heart. I just think that is the genre that he was good at. I don't believe he believes what he is singing.

Kind of like super athletes that don't really have a passion for their sport. They are just really good at the sport.

Comment

Thats cool. I could not talk when I left. I sang every song he sang lol. I was a huge garth fan growing up. I still love all his old stuff and know it all by heart. He is by far one of the greatest entertainers of all time. I thought he did an excellent job for the FFA kids. I was kind of expecting a watered down show, but he went all out.

Where you chaperoning for an ffa chapter or do you teach now?
                        I was chaperoning for our local FFA (17 kids) from Hallettsville.

My girls love "old" country and Garth is one of their favorites. Although I was never a huge fan, I guess most of it is still pretty nostalgic for me.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

I saw him play on a side stage after the Texas OU game at the cotton bowl before he was famous. Guessing that was 90 to 92 timeframe. Anyone at that show? Was not long after that that friends in low places was on repeat on every country radio station in the state.
                          I would love to hear him play all his hits if it was just him and a guitar. Not much for the pyro and stuff, but guess that is what sales out big places.

Comment

Will not ever buy or listen to his music ever again! He can go hang out with the rest of the Hollywood Liberals!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                              I saw him play on a side stage after the Texas OU game at the cotton bowl before he was famous. Guessing that was 90 to 92 timeframe. Anyone at that show? Was not long after that that friends in low places was on repeat on every country radio station in the state.
                              I would love to hear him play all his hits if it was just him and a guitar. Not much for the pyro and stuff, but guess that is what sales out big places.
                              Seen him in the The Woodlands in 1990 I think. He was opening for Reba McEntire. After a few of his songs, I told my girlfriend (wife now) “ This dude is pretty good”.

Comment

He's a real entertainer.

Comment

Working...
                                X