Plug,twist and leaf tobacco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug,twist and leaf tobacco.

How many of y'all chew tobacco? I know it's more common to dip snuff but I really like chew like Red Man or Levi Garrett. The other day I bought some Levi Garrett Plug which I liked but it's more expensive than a pouch of the leaf tobacco so I'll probably stick to that from now on. I've tried Day O Work before and it's not too bad but I liked the Levi Garrett Plug tobacco better. I like old stuff and the nostalgia of plug chew so I got to looking at the different kinds. I've heard Bull of the Woods, Peachy and Tennessee Twist are a really good chew but I don't know.

What's the best y'all ever tried? Even something that is harder to find or you just can't find at all anymore.

Redman Gold for me. Used to chew Levi but too many stems in it now for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post
      That is a good chew. I mostly get the original because it's easier to find around here but I like them all. It's pretty hard to beat Red Man.

I really,really like Beech Nut too though.
      Last edited by okrattler; 05-26-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKC View Post

Same...chewed Levi for 5-6 years and then Redman Golden blend the next 16-17 years. Loved RMGB.

Only chewed it when I fished and hunted (grandfather did the same)but I was fishing and hunting all the time...or so my wife said so ti was a pretty expensive part time habit. Never craved it during the day or around the house. Probably why it was so easy for me to quit. I still miss it when I smell a 2cycle outboard start up or burnt gunpowder but it fades quickly.....the cost these days helps it stay outta my life as well...

Comment

It is pretty expensive. Depending on what you get I guess. Starr chewing tobacco is pretty cheap. But it's also not as good I don't think. The Levi Garrett Plug I got was like $8. A pouch of Red Man is like $6 and some cents so that kind of surprised me.

Comment

The plug won’t have as many stems as loose leaf Levi so I convinced myself I’m paying extra for quality. If the store doesn’t have plug, I buy RMGB. Just too much trash in loose leaf Levi anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              It is pretty expensive. Depending on what you get I guess. Starr chewing tobacco is pretty cheap. But it's also not as good I don't think. The Levi Garrett Plug I got was like $8. A pouch of Red Man is like $6 and some cents so that kind of surprised me.
              Where are you getting red man for $6? Or is it that much cheaper than Levi Garrett? Cuz Levi is around $10 a pouch.

Comment

I really prefer the flavor of chew over snuff. Anyone know is there is a snuff that tastes more like chew?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  Where are you getting red man for $6? Or is it that much cheaper than Levi Garrett? Cuz Levi is around $10 a pouch.
                  The Indians

Comment

When I did smoke and chew, Picnic twist was the way to go.

Comment

I dont chew or dip anymore but for 25 years or so if i was awake and not eating and i had some in. Towards the end i was ordering chew in bulk bags from a place called fred stokers in tennesse i think. Came in 5 lb bags i kept in the freezer. Just pull out what you needed for the day and put it in a ziploc. They had different flavors and it was the absolute best you ever had!!! Im not sure they are still in business or do it that way but it would be worth a try! It was so dang good, my mouth is watering just thinking about that stuff. All i have to do is think about all the time, pain, and money i left at the dentist office and i remember why i quit. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        I really prefer the flavor of chew over snuff. Anyone know is there is a snuff that tastes more like chew?
                        Gold River if you can find it. It might be one of those you have to order but I don't know.

I didn't take into account how much more expensive tobacco is in Texas. It's not too bad in Oklahoma and really not bad at all in Kansas. There for a while I was buying Red Man original for a little over $4.00 last year. Someone must've figured out their prices were a lot lower there so now they're the same as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                          I dont chew or dip anymore but for 25 years or so if i was awake and not eating and i had some in. Towards the end i was ordering chew in bulk bags from a place called fred stokers in tennesse i think. Came in 5 lb bags i kept in the freezer. Just pull out what you needed for the day and put it in a ziploc. They had different flavors and it was the absolute best you ever had!!! Im not sure they are still in business or do it that way but it would be worth a try! It was so dang good, my mouth is watering just thinking about that stuff. All i have to do is think about all the time, pain, and money i left at the dentist office and i remember why i quit. Lol
                          They do still make it as far as I know. They have Black Wild Cherry,Apple Pie and Butternut and probably some others now. Maybe Peach too but I'm going by memory so I could be wrong. I've never tried them personally but I plan on it. I've heard it's really good.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            When I did smoke and chew, Picnic twist was the way to go.
                            I've never tried twist tobacco of any kind. Come to think of it I've never seen any in person. I've heard Kentucky Twist,King B and Mammoth Cave are really good ones too.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 05-26-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              They do still make it as far as I know. They have Black Wild Cherry,Apple Pie and Butternut and probably some others now. Maybe Peach too but I'm going by memory so I could be wrong. I've never tried them personally but I plan on it. I've heard it's really good.
                              I cant remember the name of the blend i liked but they were all good. I would order with some guys on my shift and we would split some flavors up to try. They even had a burbon flavored one that some of them really liked. Kind of crazy, butch of cops using burbon smelling chew lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X