Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    That’s whats weird is should be getting better and oilfield picking up
    Not on the production side yet. Spend all the money on them pipe Pushers right now. Hopefully it makes full circle for everyone soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
      Not on the production side yet. Spend all the money on them pipe Pushers right now. Hopefully it makes full circle for everyone soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      It’s starting. See more and more frac sites popping up out here

Comment

Thanks for the bump Shane the spots have been filled.

Comment

The guys I know that have left Mexico recently are some first timers that go down expecting a 170”+ to walk out the first 5 minutes. Then soon realize it’s still hunting and just as hard and get frustrated. Like stated Mexico is like no other place, but it’s also no gaurantee! I’ve had this convo i know with bo it’s especially hard to get it done with a bow and many years tags get ate. I wouldn’t trade it but many guys go into it thinking it’s a done deal they’re gonna kill a monster every sit when that’s just not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            The guys I know that have left Mexico recently are some first timers that go down expecting a 170”+ to walk out the first 5 minutes. Then soon realize it’s still hunting and just as hard and get frustrated. Like stated Mexico is like no other place, but it’s also no gaurantee! I’ve had this convo i know with bo it’s especially hard to get it done with a bow and many years tags get ate. I wouldn’t trade it but many guys go into it thinking it’s a done deal they’re gonna kill a monster every sit when that’s just not realistic.
            X2, well said Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by jtbrock179 View Post
              Thanks for the bump Shane the spots have been filled.
              You bet brother, good to hear!

Comment

You young guys that are hunting Mexico for the first time better soak it up. You are enjoying the last truly great frontier for REAL whitetail hunting. Years from now you will be saying, "I hunted Mexico back when it was true wild hunting". Not many places like that left in North America. No tagged deer and no genetic freaks waiting for their morning feed truck.
                When I can no longer hunt Mexico, I will just hang it up as there is nothing like it and most likely never will be.
                I had a dear friend who hunted Mexico back in the late 50's and 60's. He killed 4 or 5 bucks that were true monsters, big typicals and non typicals. Deer didn't know what corn was and he would camp out on a fence crossing and might go 3 or 4 days and see one buck and only a handful of does. Deer were just beginning to spread into some of the prime ground and those deer were huge. The screwworms were also keeping the deer pop down. Things have sure changed but I still love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                  You young guys that are hunting Mexico for the first time better soak it up. You are enjoying the last truly great frontier for REAL whitetail hunting. Years from now you will be saying, "I hunted Mexico back when it was true wild hunting". Not many places like that left in North America. No tagged deer and no genetic freaks waiting for their morning feed truck.
                  When I can no longer hunt Mexico, I will just hang it up as there is nothing like it and most likely never will be.
                  I had a dear friend who hunted Mexico back in the late 50's and 60's. He killed 4 or 5 bucks that were true monsters, big typicals and non typicals. Deer didn't know what corn was and he would camp out on a fence crossing and might go 3 or 4 days and see one buck and only a handful of does. Deer were just beginning to spread into some of the prime ground and those deer were huge. The screwworms were also keeping the deer pop down. Things have sure changed but I still love it.
                  <—- what he said! ...and that’s why I hunt past the 2nd checkpoint. Old Mexico👍

Comment

For anyone that’s used a motograder out in old Mexico, how many miles do you think a motograder would do on ranch roads out there in the rockier country in say an 8 hour day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                        No doubt about it.

Yep nothing like Ol Mexico!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep I hunted there for 7 years on the same ranch.. My last year to hunt south of the border was 11 years ago... I sure do miss it and want to hunt it again BAD but the constant feeding/work programs that these operations are requiring these days is just more than I have time for.. Man we never fed anything but corn and we didn't start that until season began and there were some BIG(for those days)wild deer killed for(180's) and some BIGGER deer seen, that weren't ever killed, during that time period.. The part that fascinated me the most about hunting over there was that those monster bucks where naturally occurring.. The big ranches plus low hunting pressure combined with the protein content that is naturally occurring in the browse over there is the perfect recipe..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Yep I hunted there for 7 years on the same ranch.. My last year to hunt south of the border was 11 years ago... I sure do miss it and want to hunt it again BAD but the constant feeding/work programs that these operations are requiring these days is just more than I have time for.. Man we never fed anything but corn and we didn't start that until season began and there were some BIG(for those days)wild deer killed for(180's) and some BIGGER deer seen, that weren't ever killed, during that time period.. The part that fascinated me the most about hunting over there was that those monster bucks where naturally occurring.. The big ranches plus low hunting pressure combined with the protein content that is naturally occurring in the browse over there is the perfect recipe..
                            You wont Find a personal on this Thread that Don't Wish Those Days Still Existed. The Truth is Overhunting on Bucks, High Doe Numbers, and Ranches Being Divided Took its Toll on Mexico. Are There Still big Deer Out There With Out Management Yes But, After Hunting 20yrs and not being one of the Lucky Few I Choose to Better My Odds by Giving Back instead of Just Taking What Little is Left and Saying "Boy I Remember Back when it was Worth Crossing that Dam River"

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              There’s still many ranches that don’t do the year round feeding it can be as simple or intense as you want. Much like any lease

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                                You wont Find a personal on this Thread that Don't Wish Those Days Still Existed. The Truth is Overhunting on Bucks, High Doe Numbers, and Ranches Being Divided Took its Toll on Mexico. Are There Still big Deer Out There With Out Management Yes But, After Hunting 20yrs and not being one of the Lucky Few I Choose to Better My Odds by Giving Back instead of Just Taking What Little is Left and Saying "Boy I Remember Back when it was Worth Crossing that Dam River"
                                I hear you... That's a great attitude..
                                If I had the time to dedicate to a place I would definitely be on the hunt for a spot over there. There is no place like it on the planet.. As commercialized as in maybe these days it is still the wild, wild west compared to this side of the river..
                                A couple of things that I really miss are the way that the bucks responded to horns and the numbers of bobcats I would see.. We had ALOT of cats for some reason.. Fun to watch..

Comment

Working...
                                X