No announcement yet.

Less than two weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready mentally but still have some last minute prep work to do.
    This year is my quest for FUN, the past few years I have passed some really nice (to me) deer for several reasons to young, or have a better buck on camera etc. etc. As well as progressively getting overly technical to the point it seemed like I was sucking the enjoyment out of this passion. The decision was made to get back to stick bows and just enjoy myself. It's been about 7 years since I hunted with a longbow due to having kids and work not allowing enough time to practice. But kids are a little older and everyone in the family has been enjoying shooting together in the evenings excluding the 10 month old. This year is about having fun, spending time with my family in the woods and killing stuff. Excluding a fawn with spots not much is safe and I am absolutely jacked going into season with a different mind set than the last few years. Sorry for the ramble.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
      I'm ready mentally but still have some last minute prep work to do.
      This year is my quest for FUN, the past few years I have passed some really nice (to me) deer for several reasons to young, or have a better buck on camera etc. etc. As well as progressively getting overly technical to the point it seemed like I was sucking the enjoyment out of this passion. The decision was made to get back to stick bows and just enjoy myself. It's been about 7 years since I hunted with a longbow due to having kids and work not allowing enough time to practice. But kids are a little older and everyone in the family has been enjoying shooting together in the evenings excluding the 10 month old. This year is about having fun, spending time with my family in the woods and killing stuff. Excluding a fawn with spots not much is safe and I am absolutely jacked going into season with a different mind set than the last few years. Sorry for the ramble.
      THIS is why I got into traditional bowhunting ^^^^

Comment

Have spot checked my broadheads... still flying with FPs just like last year and the year before.

Critters should always be nervous when they are near me when I have a bow in my hand.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot some a couple days ago, hitting same as field tips so just waiting for season, and a little time to hunt, Trimmed fletch off a field tip arrow with a broadhead so close enough for me.
          Last edited by kmon; 09-21-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X