Welding Helmet Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding Helmet Suggestions

I would like to upgrade my welding helmet. Basic Hobart auto darkening unit has served me well for quite a few years. Wanting a larger viewing window, and would be nice to have two hoods. Looking at the Kobalt- seems like a great deal for the money. Should I look at something else? Are they any good? Not a pro by any means, but have a few personal projects lined up so it will see some use. Let's say $150 budget, but toss out anything.

speedglass

Comment

Radnor brand hoods that are the house brand for Airgas are good little hoods. Been pretty happy with the one I had but it was closer to 200 if I remember right.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        Radnor brand hoods that are the house brand for Airgas are good little hoods. Been pretty happy with the one I had but it was closer to 200 if I remember right.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Their LITE 60 is $132 if that one is decent. Nice sized viewing window.

Comment

I use a save phace brand and I really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
            I use a save phace brand and I really like it.
            This is winning right now. Not bad prices on Amazon, and I have been really happy with their face shield.

Comment

I have the Kobalt and I like it. I had 2 of the Radnors from AirGas they crapped out pretty fast plus they were not 4 sensors. If you are not using it every day for a living the Kobalt is fine.

Comment

In. My Lincoln auto darkening seems a little too dark

Comment

I have a Miller Classic. It works great and fits your budget.

Comment

If you plan to weld for a long time spend the money on a Miller digital elite with clear light lens technology. Unbelievable how well you can see, they are expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

Comment

Get one where the clear lenses are readily available

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                        Get one where the clear lenses are readily available
                        ^^^ This!! I have students that get Harbor Freight hoods and they seem to hold up pretty decent--teenagers don't take care of crap either!. But I only have them for max of 2 years also.

My main suggestion would be to find one that fits nice and feels good. Nothing worse than being uncomfortable and trying to weld. Usually doesn't work out too well.

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                          If you plan to weld for a long time spend the money on a Miller digital elite with clear light lens technology. Unbelievable how well you can see, they are expensive but well worth it in my opinion.
                          Yep my next one will bet he T94I with the flip up lense though. I wish they had came out with that along time ago.

Which they did with the old fixed lenses.

Comment

I’ve been very happy with my Lincoln Viking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for the Lincoln Viking, best helmet I have owned so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X