No announcement yet.

Arrow Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have composite blades with the right arbor but are too big in diameter. Guess I will go by Cabela's.

Gary

Comment

I just cut 18 shafts using this saw with the original blade turned backward.
      Not a single splintered fiber in the lot.

All you have to do is be patient, and don't crowd the blade.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        critter69, do you move the nail to different hole to change length, and the nock goes on the nail when you saw?

Bisch
        It will work with the nail in the valley of the nock, but then you cant rotate the shaft. Or I take the nock off and the end of the shaft pushes against the nail and I can rotate it. And yes the nail moves for different lengths. Gold tip, its a half inch difference between the valley and the end of the shaft. I have the nail holes every half inch. Sorry it took so long, just seen this.
        Last edited by critter69; 01-27-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          I have composite blades with the right arbor but are too big in diameter. Guess I will go by Cabela's.

Gary
          You can get composite blades from Big Jim bows.

Comment

I had 3 out of 4 get splinters. Tried blade both ways. Have to rotate shafts.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Have to rotate shafts.

Gary
              Yep. I should have mentioned that also.
              A gentle rotation is a must.

I'm not saying, that a good cutoff wheel wouldn't be better, because it would.
              What I am saying is - It isn't necessary as long as you go easy with the original blade.

Rick

Comment

Yeah a good wheel would help but I was putting some together for this bow. Got it done and they are flying good so I'm gtg. I have a dozen or better I have to refit as well and some of them are more expensive arrows so I'm glad I'm learning on these cheap ones.

Gary

Comment

Here's the one I put together. ..

Last edited by BowPro73; 12-29-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Them look good! I still have my easton from when i had my shop n it will last
                    me forever!!

Comment

Working...
                    X