• Show
Clear All

Congrats Rusty.

Comment

Waydago Rusty!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
        This will not be as impressive as that buck. Congrats on a fantastic buck!

Pig kill

I tried to use an lumenock because I’ve lost a few arrows at night. My serving is too small for it and the arrow kept falling off the string when I’d begin to draw. I finally jerked it out of the arrow and replaced it with a regular nock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        So help me understand what you were doing. Were you basically walking around with a tripod that has a camera and red flashlight on it? Those hogs sure didn't seem bothered by you moving around with the light...

Nice shot BTW!

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 10-15-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          So help me understand what you were doing. Were you basically walking around with a tripod that has a camera and red flashlight on it? Those hogs sure didn't seem bothered by you moving around with the light...

Nice shot BTW!

Yup. You need a pretty strong wind and some moisture doesn’t hurt either.

Comment

Congrats y'all !

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just watched a couple of your videos, PigOps. I enjoyed 'em. Really good audio and video. Nice solo job manning the bow and camera.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Foster View Post
                Just watched a couple of your videos, PigOps. I enjoyed 'em. Really good audio and video. Nice solo job manning the bow and camera.

Thanks man!

Comment

Congratulations to you all ! Everyone of these kills are some fine trophy's and I'm sure great memories !!!

Comment

I’ll tease everyone by letting y’all know I have my second trad deer on the ground and he has horns... getting kids to bed, I’ll recap tomorrow...

Comment

Congratulations Eastxbowman.

Mark me down for a fat rainy day doe in the meantime
                      Attached Files

Comment

2018 Trad Harvest Thread

Congrats on your buck Easttxbowman! Can’t wait to see the pics!!!!

And on your doe TP3! That blind in your pic looks awesome!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great shot TP3.

Comment

Congrats TP3!

Looking forward to the LDP Easttxbowman!
                            Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Congrats on your buck Easttxbowman! Can’t wait to see the pics!!!!

And on your doe TP3! That blind in your pic looks awesome!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Haha! I zoomed in on that blind too!

Comment

Recap:

I found this spot (post oak flat next to thicket and old pine plantation) Sunday evening and found a tree to climb, Monday evening rolls around and I slip out and get setup around 5:30. Around 6 I had a small buck come in and eat for a while and the bottom fell out. I knew the spot may be productive as there were a few scrapes being worked and seeing a deer the first sit was promising.

Yesterday evening I was able to slip out really late even though it was raining.I got in the stand at 5:40, and by 5:43 a doe eating behind me at 60yd.. 20 min late another came out at the same place.

Just before dark I caught a shandow through the brush coming down the road, it made its way into the woods and walked directly under me.. a doe which I debated on shooting but held off due to the rain and it getting dark. It made its way to my shooting lanes on the road and a few min later I heard a load grunt, followed by his silhouette coming down the road. Walked straight to where the doe was standing at 14yards.. grunted at him to stop and sent an arrow his way. I watched the feathers disappear and knew it was a solid hit. He took off through the brush and came out 60 yards away on the road and rounded the corner. I gave it 5 min and wanted to check for blood before the rain washed it away. Got down and blood was everywhere, but no arrow. I walked up to the house and got a bigger flashlight and headed back.. about 30 min later. I elected to go to where I last saw him and as I rounded the corner my light flashed over a white belly not 40 yards away. He isn’t the biggest buck in the woods but for my first year hunting with a trad bow I wasn’t going to discriminate. Thinking I’ll sell my compound now!

And of course I’m having trouble uploading the picture.. so if anyone one wants to help me out I’d greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                                Recap:

I found this spot (post oak flat next to thicket and old pine plantation) Sunday evening and found a tree to climb, Monday evening rolls around and I slip out and get setup around 5:30. Around 6 I had a small buck come in and eat for a while and the bottom fell out. I knew the spot may be productive as there were a few scrapes being worked and seeing a deer the first sit was promising.

Yesterday evening I was able to slip out really late even though it was raining.I got in the stand at 5:40, and by 5:43 a doe eating behind me at 60yd.. 20 min late another came out at the same place.

Just before dark I caught a shandow through the brush coming down the road, it made its way into the woods and walked directly under me.. a doe which I debated on shooting but held off due to the rain and it getting dark. It made its way to my shooting lanes on the road and a few min later I heard a load grunt, followed by his silhouette coming down the road. Walked straight to where the doe was standing at 14yards.. grunted at him to stop and sent an arrow his way. I watched the feathers disappear and knew it was a solid hit. He took off through the brush and came out 60 yards away on the road and rounded the corner. I gave it 5 min and wanted to check for blood before the rain washed it away. Got down and blood was everywhere, but no arrow. I walked up to the house and got a bigger flashlight and headed back.. about 30 min later. I elected to go to where I last saw him and as I rounded the corner my light flashed over a white belly not 40 yards away. He isn’t the biggest buck in the woods but for my first year hunting with a trad bow I wasn’t going to discriminate. Thinking I’ll sell my compound now!

And of course I’m having trouble uploading the picture.. so if anyone one wants to help me out I’d greatly appreciate it.
                                Yeah text me 4324254870

Comment

Working...
                                X