No announcement yet.

Terrible Truck Buying Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had good dealings with Planet Ford in Spring, mind you I live two miles from Planet Ford Humble. The last vehicle I bought there, new F150 SC, I got an additional $1500 off of the price when I got there.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Car dealerships are a dime a dozen. Move on and find another one. Good luck.

Comment

Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake Friendswood bait and switch. Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake Friendswood poor customer service. Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake Friendswood a true stealership. Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake Friendswood a waste of time.

That was Ron Carter Hyundai in Clear Lake you say?
        Last edited by Lungbustr; 10-21-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

They promise the world just to get you in the door. Then its game on

Comment

That sucks

Comment

I tried to buy a Titan from a dealership at an advertised price. They said that was a military price only

Comment

I think just about all dealerships operate in about the same way. We just bought a new car a few months ago. While shopping I went to a local dealer here. He did not have the car in the color I wanted. I had already done me research, and knew where the only 2 in the state of Texas were. The salesman and I agreed on a price. Then he told me I needed to go to the finance office and sign all the paperwork. I told him that I was not signing paperwork till I could see the car in person. After arguing back and forth for a few minutes, with him repeatedly asking me why I would not trust him, he comes up with a new idea. He asks me to put a deposit of "a couple hundred dollars" and tells me that if there is anything wrong with the car I would get my deposit back. I agreed, and he comes out with a paper to sign for a $500 deposit that the paper clearly stated was non-refundable if I did not end up buying the car. Again, I said nope - not signing that - and he starts in with the "You are just going to have to trust me." stuff. I kept telling him I would not sign, and he finally said, OK, bye!

The next day, we went to the dealership in SA where they were going to get the car from, and it was hail damaged bad. Not only did I go thru this here, but when I called the dealership in SA, and gave them the stock number of the car I was interested in, and told them I was driving over 100 miles to come look at it, all they told me was yep, we have it. They never once mentioned that it was hail damaged. I was extremely mad!!!! As I was walking out the door all flustered, the salesman says "What if I make you a deal you can not refuse? Would you buy the hail damaged one then?". I told him OK make me the unbeatable deal. A few minutes later, he comes out an offers me the exact same price they had on the internet. I told him to go take a hike.

Anyway, like I said above, I think most all of them operate in about the same ways!

The way they sell cars should be illegal. it is set up to rip people off. If one guy goes in a buys a car for $X, and the next guy goes in and buys the exact same car for $X+$1000, the second guy got ripped off, period, and it happens that way every day, at every dealership out there.

Bisch
                Last edited by Bisch; 10-21-2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I forgot about my last truck buying experience. They found the exact truck I wanted for our agreed upon price. Great until they sheepishly told me the interior was not what we agreed to, I told them to shove it, as I suspected bait and switch. Funny thing is the salesman called me a few months ago, I gladly reminded him of our "deal". Texas Motors Ford in White Settlement.

Comment

I saw a truck on Truck City Ford in Buda's website. Contacted them they said come and drive it. Got there 2hrs later and they can't find the truck. I was very patient and finally accused them of the old bait and switch. In about five minutes they said they found the truck hidden in the back by another salesman.
                    They wanted a different price than the Internet special they had on their website. I ended up getting the truck for lower than the Internet price. This was in 2013.

Comment

Ron Carter = Rip Off

Comment

Salesman asked me what you want your payments to be. I hate playing that game, but I eventually gave him a number. Then I said from now on I only want to talk about price. We finally come to an agreement on a price. Got to sign the paperwork and the monthly payment is almost exactly what I mentioned earlier in the conversation..... Which was $40 too much per month. After getting the manager to come in they blamed it on failure to hit enter, causing everything to recalculate. I have no doubt they were packing the payment. ****** me off!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I tell them i want my payment at 1 dollar a month. You should see their faces. Then I tell them we can decide on a price as I don't care what the payment is. If you do your homework you will know what the payment is before you ever step foot in the door. Last vehicle I financed I was within 8 cents of what I predicted. And that dealer loaded it up as well. I ended up taking the mouse and keyboard because she did t know how to hit select and DELETE. Stupid. .....and I feel really bad for the people that get taken. Like those extended warranties.....bought it once......and only once.

Comment

The best was ......we got you locked in at 5.9%.....lol. I said you should try again and she asked me where I thought it should be....I told her -5.9 let's start there. I already had 2 credit unions in my back pocket for better deals....dealer ended up beating them. I never showed my cards though.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlewax View Post
                              I tell them i want my payment at 1 dollar a month. You should see their faces. Then I tell them we can decide on a price as I don't care what the payment is. If you do your homework you will know what the payment is before you ever step foot in the door. Last vehicle I financed I was within 8 cents of what I predicted. And that dealer loaded it up as well. I ended up taking the mouse and keyboard because she did t know how to hit select and DELETE. Stupid. .....and I feel really bad for the people that get taken. Like those extended warranties.....bought it once......and only once.
                              Yes, it's easy to know what your payment should be based on price and wether or not you roll the tax title and licence into the mix, minus your trade and down payment, etc. Use a loan calculator on the web, know your credit rating and what interest rate you can get beforehand and length (months) of loan and you will already KNOW what your payment will be.

The dealerships have found additional ways to scam buyers now though since the internet has cut so much of the haggling out. Read the fine print of all the hidden fees up front on internet price. Dealer documentation fees, prep
                              Fee, destination charges...that's just some of the crap.
                              If you get through all of that and agree on a price...then the real BS starts when they send you to FINANCE. As mentioned, all the added sells like warranty, extended warranty, under carriage protective sealer, paint protection, cloth protection. It's a **** beating.
                              I get all of that **** out of the way up front on my phone call before heading their way. Can't stand to play games.

Comment

A local dealership wanted to charge me more than advertised price because I wasn't financing.
                                I won't even look at their inventory in couple months when we get the wife a new rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X