Lake Waco Public Land Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Waco Public Land Hunting

How many of y'all hunt Lake Waco ACE land? Is there much hunting pressure? If you hunt pigs do you use a slug gun or archery? How is the camping?

It's draw only during general season.
    Open without permit during archery season.
    Pressure is pretty high.
    Its a Great Lake to camp at.

I believe it's archery only for pigs outside of deer season???
    If you got drawn to hunt the general season, you can use slugs.
    Don't think 00 buck is permitted (but I could be wrong)

Comment

I am going to start hunting some of the Corp land after deer season, I am going to try and locate some good hog hunting areas and start carrying in some corn every time I go to see what happens. Would like to hook up with a couple of hunters to keep a place baited out.

Comment

I shot a hog during deer season and have shot some during the summer. Plenty of hogs for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rockone8 View Post
          I am going to start hunting some of the Corp land after deer season, I am going to try and locate some good hog hunting areas and start carrying in some corn every time I go to see what happens. Would like to hook up with a couple of hunters to keep a place baited out.
          I'd be down for that. Lets keep in touch.

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

I have 3-5 gallon buckets of soured milo for catfish chum. I wonder if it would be worth it to scatter some of that out there.

Comment

I think that would work, I have buckets of soured corn and no place to go with it right now. Was getting ready for blue cats. s

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                  It's draw only during general season.
                  Open without permit during archery season.
                  Pressure is pretty high.
                  Its a Great Lake to camp at.

I believe it's archery only for pigs outside of deer season???
                  If you got drawn to hunt the general season, you can use slugs.
                  Don't think 00 buck is permitted (but I could be wrong)
                  You are right about buck shot. Nothing bigger than #4. And you can use a slug gun in the off season for hogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X