No announcement yet.

Electronic dog collars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all are right there's a ton of the e-collar training videos. Who do you like the most?

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Chris Akins or Freddy King.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
      I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
      Last edited by BuckRage; 09-26-2018, 05:02 PM.

Comment

DT Systems’ collar worked great for me. The vibrate function was used as positive reinforcement with my tender Brittany. I’d do it with an audible “good girl” “good girl”. She responded well. After a while, I never used the shock feature. She was an exceptional dog, however. They’re not all the same of course. Best of luck!

Comment

The best tool in dog training by far as long as it is used correctly. Only enforce commands that are known. It can also be used to condition certain behaviors such as not cheating water for retrievers.

Comment

I have used with great success the DT Micro-iDT PLUS Remote Dog Training Collar. As mentioned above, this is a great tool to REINFORCE commands that are already learned, NOT to teach commands.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
              What is your overall opinion on electronic dog collars for hunting dogs? Pros/cons, or any negative experiences?
              When your dog keeps barking uncontrollably and it runs away when you go outdoors, it can be really frustrating. But on the other hand, you have been thinking that it’s probably risky and dangerous placing an electric collar on your pet whom you consider your best friend. But it has some disadvantages too. Such as It may be limited to lightly furred dogs, Maybe harmful to extremely small dogs about 20 pounds and higher & some times the invention of new technology, the barking system might fail on the sound of other dogs barking, causing it to fail.

Comment

They work
                Especially for yappy dogs.

I never shock my dog anymore she learned her lesson the first few times I used it followed by vibrating.... now if I just put collar on she is miss perfect and if she decides to stray a bit I can just vibrate it no shock needed and she comes running to the house tuck tail

Comment

Had good success using one to train our pit mix from chasing & wanting to kill our cat.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    https://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-...sport-pro.html

I had a cheaper garmin delta before and didn't like it.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	marbles2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	24584738

That's the collar I bought for my rescue hound.
                    It's been great.
                    Very effective tool and has an awesome LED light for night work.

Comment

I used one with my Golden for years. He was trained to follow my commands, but I used the collar to train him to focus on me. When he would get distracted or elected to do what he wanted, I'd give him a tone. The tone was notice that a bump (not pain)would follow if he didn't pay attention. I never turned it up on him to the levels it was capable of delivering.

After years, I'd just put the uncharged collar on him and he knew it was time to focus on what I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                        [ATTACH]964013[/ATTACH]

That's the collar I bought for my rescue hound.

It's been great.

Very effective tool and has an awesome LED light for night work.

That’s a gorgeous Walker Dog!!!

Comment

Absolutely worth their weight in gold. I rarely ever shock my dog but rather use a beep which I use for her to come back to me when in the woods/fields so I don’t have to yell or whistle for her. But I also agree with about to use it to enforce learned behavior not using it to teach

My .02

Comment

Used correctly its a great tool to train a dog. While coon hunting we would watch our young dogs cross a deer trail in the middle of a field. We could see the deer eyes on the other side of the field but the dogs couldnt. When they left the coon trail and headed in the direction of the deer a tiny pop would correct them.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                              Bar none the most effective tool in dog training.

That said there are right ways and wrong ways. Lots of great videos on YouTube. Look up ecollar conditioning.

Biggest mistakes are using to high a setting... I've never had to go past 3. Vibrate works most of the time once they are conditioned.

Second biggest mistake. Using the collar too early... 6 months is the ABSOLUTE BARE MINNIMUM. Im a fan of 8 months. The dog needs to understand what the CORRECT response is B4 they zapped...
                              THIS^^^^ I use DT Systems Micro-IDT Plus. Love it.

Comment

You enforce not teach with a e collar.
                                Tri tronics/garmin are tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X