Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don’t you just love these gasoline prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    It's Summer - everybody knows the price goes up.

That being said, the fact that they can't stabilize the oil industry is stupid.
    Any time a govt has attempted to "stabilize" an industry it has crashed big time. Their last attempt was to stabilize healthcare and oh my effing lord did that work out great. Housing through Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac had the whole world lose its retirement plan in 2008. The problem with trying to make things better through govt interference is you are employing the very last people you would ever want making those decisions the power to make them. Also, mathematical laws of economics prove you cannot to any meaningful degree do so without destroying said industry.

Comment

If it would make traffic better, I hope it goes to $9 per gallon

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
        Maybe the oilfield guys need to find another industry? I don’t mind paying a little more for gas but I don’t want to hear the oilfield guys ***** and moan when the industry takes a downturn
        Maybe you need to find another vehicle? I don't mind dealing with a slowdown in the oil industry but I don't want to hear you ***** and moan when gas prices are higher.

Did you do anything to attempt to save while gas prices were low? Have you traded your vehicle in for a more fuel efficient one?

Comment

if gas prices at $3/gallon are killing you, why wasnt gas at $2/gallon making you rich?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            The oilfield guys I know who struggled like hail in the past 4-5 years......said go buy a Prius!

Not funny when the shoe is on the other foot. Remember all the "should have chosen a more secure career "? "Those oilfield workers should have managed their money better"

Y'all knew $1/gallon gas was only temporary.
            Hahaha yup I’m gonna try and dig up that thread where everyone was talking crap

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
              Maybe you need to find another vehicle? I don't mind dealing with a slowdown in the oil industry but I don't want to hear you ***** and moan when gas prices are higher.

Did you do anything to attempt to save while gas prices were low? Have you traded your vehicle in for a more fuel efficient one?

I was not bitching about higher gas prices... Why don’t you read my post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

I'm with bloodstick, I happily pay more for gas if it means I have a job.

If 20 cents a gallon, or even 50 cents a gallon determines whether you eat or buy gas, you might be living a bit outside your means or need to adjust your spending a bit.
                I don't mind you paying more, but I don't want to pay more.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                  I was not bitching about higher gas prices... Why don’t you read my post!!!
                  You are correct. My apologies.

I agree -- I get mad at my counterparts that do not rathole money away when times are good then cry cry cry when things are bad. Gotta save that money!

Comment

I'm all for higher gasoline, oil and natural gas prices!!

I work in the pipeline industry. When prices go up, so does our number of jobs AND number of employees.

Higher prices = more work = more money in their pockets - it's a wash IMO

Comment

IMO $3/gal (in Houston) will be a very good medium for all and our local economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X