Attention: Firemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone in east Tx have a lead on where to find short pieces of old discarded firehoses? I am looking to replace the chains on my steel targets with "shoot thru" options, and evidently old firehoses are durable and well suited for this purpose. See examples below.

You should be able to go to any fire station. Ask when they do hose testing, and show up after. Probly get more than you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend that is one.
      I just sent him a text asking him.
      Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-25-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        You should be able to go to any fire station. Ask when they do hose testing, and show up after. Probly get more than you want.
        I just wonder how often hoses fail, but will try that. Thanks.

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        I have a friend that is one.
        I just sent him a text asking him.
        Ok, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
          I just wonder how often hoses fail, but will try that. Thanks.

They should have some fail, just about every time.

Comment

i have a friend who works at safety company and they swap hoses all the time i may have some laying around we use them to keep our tie down straps from being cut how much would you need

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
              They should have some fail, just about every time.
              Wow, I wonder what they normally do with those they discard?

Originally posted by fordsuper08 View Post
              i have a friend who works at safety company and they swap hoses all the time i may have some laying around we use them to keep our tie down straps from being cut how much would you need
              Thanks, I would like to have up to 8 or 10 pieces that are 2 to 3 feet long, but would take less to give them a try.

Comment

I asked my local fire station a year ago. And my neighbor is the chief and they still haven’t retired one. Small towns...

Comment

I've got a couple of 3" rolls. If you ever get over towards Waco I'll give you some.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in Longview, and have 4 or 5, 2' sections you are welcome to. My father used to get a couple 100' foot worth of hose from fire stations every year. Make awesome slings for lifting anything heavy.

Comment

Go to any paid fd they will have hose that has failed. Ask someone at the station if they have a roll that is bad. You will probably want supply line as it is rubber over braided. Should come in 3-6” diameter.

Last two years we have given most of ours to the zoo. They use them in the exhibits for orangutan and elephants.

Depending on when they do their hose testing is your best time to get some. I’m too far away or I could get you some.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information and offers! I will definitely pursue this. Madhatter, I may take you up on your offer to get started while I search at fire stations.

Comment

Just to save you some time.. I am a paid fireman.. we don’t just give the hose out to people that come by and ask for our old hose. It is hard to come by as it is usually either auctioned, used for rope edge protection, training, or workouts.. just saying that if y’all came to us, we don’t have hose for the public.

Comment

Go online to Duluth trading company and order a pair of their firehouse pants.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                              Just to save you some time.. I am a paid fireman.. we don’t just give the hose out to people that come by and ask for our old hose. It is hard to come by as it is usually either auctioned, used for rope edge protection, training, or workouts.. just saying that if y’all came to us, we don’t have hose for the public.
                              ^This^ Hose is all out at maintenance division and we test there..then leave the bad hose out there. They even get stingy about us getting some. (depends on who you know). When it gets burnt/damaged on scene, we call em and they'll come swap it out and take the old one back with em. Good luck tho. I'll see if I can get some.

Comment

Working...
                              X