Tiller Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiller Question

I have a recurve that I have always had a tendency to shoot high. I've changed brace height, adjusted the nocking point, used heavier arrows, replaced the arrow shelf material,and tried different strings. It seems that no matter what I do I seem to shoot high within 20 yards. Especially my first few shots. I'm just curious if it is tillered for 3 under and I shoot split, could that be the reason? Thanks, Jeff

Don't know if that could be the reason (I doubt it). I would think it might have more to do with the grip being different or something along those lines???

It is easy enough to check tiller if you have a bow square. If the measurement on both limbs is the same, then it is tillered for 3-under. If the measurement is longer on the top limb by 1/8"-3/8" then it is tillered for split.

Bisch

Comment

I've been wondering for a while if that could be a possibility since I've tried everything else. I remembered you and Bob telling me how to check the other night so I measured today and both limbs appear to be exactly the same. I may run over to Mark's and get him to check it because the bottom half of the riser is longer than the top half. I'm not sure if that's the way all take-downs are or just certain ones. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

DUH.... Just shoot 3 under and see if it hits lower....

Comment

What kind of bow is it?

Comment

Jeff, it's probly just you

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              What kind of bow is it?
              It's a Horne Super Stick recurve.

Comment

I have always shot higher with split and lower with three under with the same bow. Bisch, are you sure about the tillering? I would have thought even tiller was for split. Of course you know what happens when I start thinking!lol

Comment

Even is for 3-under.

Bisch

Comment

Ya even is for three under. 1/8-3/8" is for split

Comment

Check if both limbs are the same length, I picked up a recurve one time that I had the exact same issue with, I ended up taking a rasp to the bottom limb it was so bad and it helped. But not enough, it was like the riser was laid up in the press wrong or something. Tiller was even but the bottom limb was drastically shorter. Which caused me to heel the bow bad and made me shoot it high. Honestly the best I got was 12" high at 20 yards. I got rid of that bow

Comment

Working...
                      X