Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving up on Finding a Trophy Texas Lease. Whats on your trophy list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    The thing I have a hard time with on these out of state hunts is the time it takes for them. I don't have a lot of vacation time and I am a weekend warrior when it comes to hunting whitetail in Texas. How long are your typical out of state hunts? A week? 10 days?
    I work shift work which helps big time. But we had 10 days each including travel time in both Alaska and Colorado. If I'm not working for myself next year at this time I'm hoping to take all of August and September off due to the way my vacation and schedule works. If I'm working for myself I will probably do 2 10 day trips again.

Comment

That's what I've always done Just hunted the national Forrest at home for years and took one two week trip out of state each year. Usually went to Missouri for whitetail, last year did Colorado for elk. All on public land and was successful every year. This year I stumbled into a trophy lease in west Texas, so I'm going to give that a try.

Comment

The joy isnt just shooting for me...But checking cameras, improving the land, watching the deer grow, feeding them, and shooting hogs year around

I wouldnt trade it for the world

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          The joy isnt just shooting for me...
          Just shooting? Giving the benefit of the doubt, I think I understood what you meant but you sure have a way of putting things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
            I don't have a lease and don't regret it all. The money I was spending on leases is now spent on other hunting trips.

Last year was South Africa, Argentina and ended up shooting a 181 and 201" whitetail. Granted some of these trips was a little more.
            Send me info on the $3k 200" whitetail !

Comment

You can do a free range Kansas WT hunt for about 3K .

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                Don't forget about the mooching you do on my place!!!!
                I thought you appreciated me, using my ammo, to kill your inferior deer!

Comment

Working...
                X