No announcement yet.

mud bugs boiled in clean unseasoned water = the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until you guys straighten up, no more crawfish will come across the border. Purge, boil, rest, and serve....

Comment

Comment

We're doing a boil Saturday and Sunday in Lubbock, bringing in sacks, and want to know if we need to purge them in regular water, or salt water.

Comment

I am gonna do my first clean water boil tomorrow. I promised my boys high school baseball team I would boil bugs if they won district. Sounds like 20-30 minute soak time after boil.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
            We're doing a boil Saturday and Sunday in Lubbock, bringing in sacks, and want to know if we need to purge them in regular water, or salt water.
            You don't need to purge them at all...just rinse good.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Until you guys straighten up, no more crawfish will come across the border. Purge, boil, rest, and serve....

Comment

I went to Good Ole Boys website to buy some seasoning, they want $18 to ship $20 worth of seasoning. I think I will pass on that and keep using the local seasonings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                  I went to Good Ole Boys website to buy some seasoning, they want $18 to ship $20 worth of seasoning. I think I will pass on that and keep using the local seasonings.

Get some ragin blaze!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
                    Get some ragin blaze!!!!

X2

Comment

We just finished up our crawfish boil for today, and used the one pot method with ice, and the slurry cooler. Everyone agreed the slurry turned out better than the one pot.

We cooked our potatoes first, then added corn and mushrooms when they were almost ready (because they cook much more quickly than potoatos) and set off to the side when they were done to rest.

After pulling the veggies, we did the mud bugs, boiling for 5 minutes, and then put in the slurry cooler for 20-30 mins, and added the veggies in the slurry for the last 5 minutes. Everything came out perfect, and we have enough for another run tomorrow, so we're looking forward to round 2!!!

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to put the slurry in another pot so you can just drop the whole basket in it? That way after soaking, you just lift out the basket with all the crawfish in it. Looks like it would be a pain in the arse to be dipping them out of the slurry cooler just to put back in another cooler.

Please give me some input on this step.

Comment

It's getting to be that time of year again....let's bring this back to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                            It's getting to be that time of year again....let's bring this back to the top.
                            Breezy, Poco, and I did this last weekend. Been able to order mudbugs here(Corpus Christi) for a few weeks now. It's early but they are decent size. As I've stated before I'll never boil them any other way than this method.

Comment

Looking at trying this method out this weekend. If it is good, I will use this method come April when I have our big boil. I will be using Ragin Blaze since I have some left over from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryDoug View Post
                                Looking at trying this method out this weekend. If it is good, I will use this method come April when I have our big boil. I will be using Ragin Blaze since I have some left over from last year.

You will not be disappointed

Comment

Working...
                                X