No announcement yet.

NRA Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, but do you think that there would be a possibility of someone with nefarious motives that would "slip in" to try and do harm with the VPOTUS there? I do......don't want to take that chance.

Comment

Un-fricken believable ... The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.

Effing ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Un-fricken believable ... The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.

Effing ridiculous.
        X2.....it's almost like they are democrats

Comment

Its a a VICE PRESIDENT thing.
          Want the VP of the most powerful country of the world to attend/speak at your NRA meeting? Security is security...

Stop blowing **** out of proportion and use a little common sense.

Comment

Heads up fellas. Trump train is coming. If you don't have a ticket you better get one quick. I got mine this morning and all that was left were in the yellow section up high. It will sell out today I bet. This is a different ticket than your general admission pass for the convention. Also Secret Service enforcing no firearms. The MSM is acting likes its the NRA's decision and calling them hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              Want the VP of the most powerful country of the world to attend/speak at your NRA meeting? Security is security...

Secret Service demanded it. 'ol jer only knows what cnn and the daily beast tells him.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                All weapons will be banned during Vice President Pence's appearance. I see that it's a Secret Service requirement and not an NRA decision, but isn't this just a wee bit hypocritical based on the current administration's stance on the 2nd Amendment. I mean if schools are supposedly safer when teachers are armed doesn't it stand to reason that Vice President Pence would be safer with a convention center full of armed NRA members? I'd have to believe that most NRA members that will be there and carrying are are upstanding law abiding folks that would do anything g to protect their country and are pretty well trained and proficient with their weapons. What will there be, maybe 100 law enforcement officials there including the secret service to protect the VP. If they allowed the convention attendees to carry that would add another thousand or two armed folks there to protect the VP if something went wrong. Also, having all those extra armed people there could actually serve as a deterrent against any bad guys. Just like having armed teachers does ... Just some food for thought.

Here's the link to the article. There's a flyer in there that lists everything that is banned

https://www.nraam.org/events/2018-ev...dership-forum/
                Teachers can be vetted and attend advance training before being allowed to carry in the classroom. Attendees of this event cannot be vetted.

It has been a long standing policy of the Secret Service to not allow firearms in attendance of Dignitaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Secret Service demanded it. 'ol jer only knows what cnn and the daily beast tells him.
                  I absolutely know that secret service "demanded" it.

Its a disgrace. There is no excuse.

THEY ARE SAYING BANNING GUNS MAKES HIM MORE SAFE !!!

Comment

Im the one not using common sense, when you let a group tell the NRA that the VP is more safe with guns banned?

It's an effing disgrace.

Security is effing security, and trying to ban guns IS NOT security.

Comment

Pretty sure Secret Service has a reason for their policies regarding the President or VP's security.
                      If NRA wants the SECOND HIGHEST government seat in the nation to speak at one of its NATIONAL CONVENTIONS in a hopes to gain momentum to stop GUN CONTROL idiots... the Secret Service concession for this one speaker, is NOT that big a ****in deal.

and IF I'm the only one with guns..and its my job to protect you... yeh... banning guns DOES make you more safe.

Comment

Who gives an eff about their policies? What is the policy of the NRA?

It is a big effing deal, and the pandering to this stupidity is ridiculous. SECRET SERVICE SAID THE PRESIDENT AND VP ARE SAFER WHEN PERSONAL FIREARMS ARE BANNED, and they just said okay!!

CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW BANS !!!

Comment

again...

From the Secret Service perspective..they are absolutely and unarguably correct...
                          IF THEY Are the only ones with guns...the Pres and VP ARE SAFER than if thousands of unknown, unvetted, armed people are in the same room as them.
                          Are they completely safe? NO. but they are SAFER.
                          Its called mitigating risk.
                          That's common sense.
                          In order to be able to secure the safety of their wards...which is their entire ****in charter.... they have policies.
                          IF the NRA didnt think the VP speaking at a NRA Convention was important, they could have said...no thanks.
                          But the VP speaking IS important.. very important.
                          More important than knee jerk 'they catering they catering' rants and raves.

Comment

Common sense is not COMPLETELY destroying your own argument when it comes to guns to let Men speak who obviously don't agree with the same philosophy.

The VP speaking is VERY important. Him speaking in a law abiding gun environment IS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW !

They are not correct, and if you think they are, then you are agreeing with the other side.

CRIMINALS DON'T CARE IF THEY BAN GUNS.

Comment

Yes I am anti-gun now. You are right.,.,or left... or I'm left... i dont know ...whatever makes you happy.

So ..you wont be going?
                              Or were you actually going anyway?

Comment

Yes I am anti-gun now. You are right.,.,or left... or I'm left... i dont know ...whatever makes you happy.

So ..you wont be going?
                                Or were you actually going anyway?
                                He'll be outside sporting the Never Again t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X