Spring Food plots, getting ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I will go tomorrow and see what's up, and post pics. Crossing fingers for rain, already had some 80 degree days. Getting dry around here, still feeding hay.
    . Good deal, but I was really just saying more Radar as, in general, we could all use more Radar in our lives. Post on sir

Comment

Impressive plot. Appreciate you taking time to let us follow along.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        . Good deal, but I was really just saying more Radar as, in general, we could all use more Radar in our lives. Post on sir
        I try, but they sure is a lot of haters on here lately.

Comment

This is beautiful! Good luck. We are planting the same mix except adding okra. I can’t wait to follow along. Good job sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cow peas and Sunn Hemp sprouting

Comment

Sunflowers coming up too.

Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                  How many years / how many times have you been discing that patch? Looks like pretty good dirt.
                  Do you do anything about hard panning?
                  I been planting these places for 6 years, I plant turnips and Daikon radishes every fall to help keep from hard panning.

I have one field in the creek bottom that needs a chisel plow run thru it, it has a hard pan about 4 inches deep.

Comment

I got my plots limed last week that needed it . Glad I haven't planted yet, probably gonna frost here tomorrow night. This should be our last one, then I'll be checking soil temps. I'm ready !

Comment

Dang that looks good. I’m giving food plots a try for the first time this year. Finished with the disc today. Still waiting on soil sample results. Hope to get things rolling in a few weeks. I’m just planting 1 acre for now. Depending on results, I may move it up to 2 or 3 for the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        I got my plots limed last week that needed it . Glad I haven't planted yet, probably gonna frost here tomorrow night. This should be our last one, then I'll be checking soil temps. I'm ready !
                        Might get 40 degrees here by morning, then gets warm again. Sure need rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          Dang that looks good. I’m giving food plots a try for the first time this year. Finished with the disc today. Still waiting on soil sample results. Hope to get things rolling in a few weeks. I’m just planting 1 acre for now. Depending on results, I may move it up to 2 or 3 for the fall.

Looks like a good start.

Comment

Spring Food plots, getting ready.

Looks like a good start.

Thanks! 1 acre of virgin ground takes some time with a SXS and a 52” disc lol I’ve got about 6 hours in that 1 acre.

This was after about 2 hours.

Comment

[ATTACH]950361[/ATTACH]

Covered and packed seed beds.
                              Radar, do those tires have wheels in them, or, are they just loose tires with a piece of pipe thru them. Kinda interesting looking. Might have to make something like that. I have maybe 2 acres that’s plantable, and have never planted all of that. Last fall, I just drove the Ezgo over all the seed to pack it in a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                                Radar, do those tires have wheels in them, or, are they just loose tires with a piece of pipe thru them. Kinda interesting looking. Might have to make something like that. I have maybe 2 acres that’s plantable, and have never planted all of that. Last fall, I just drove the Ezgo over all the seed to pack it in a little.
                                16" tires that are on a 16" pipe with a 2" axle in pillow block bearings. I wanted a cultipacker but my soil is sandy loam and the cultipacker would push up the dirt and not roll on top of it. The tire roller does a good job of packing the seed and dirt.

These old tire rollers were fairly common in Wilson county years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X