Taxes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    the IRS taxes personal use of company vehicles... I'd bet the last dollar I have that they're going to tax people on the portion of insurance their employer pays.
    Probably because in most cases that vehicle is figured as part of your income by the company

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
      Probably because in most cases that vehicle is figured as part of your income by the company

Only now through Obamacare is it reported though. It never has been on a w-2 up until 3 years ago

Comment

I also received a new form this year from my employer I think it is a 1095 for the portion paid on insurance, I am sure by next your company portion will be considered income.

Comment

I'm messing with turbo tax today, and after I got most of the information entered, there's a section for jury duty pay. I think I had jury duty this year, but couldn't remember if I took the $6 payment or not. when I entered the $6 pay... it reduced my return by $2.

I am so glad they've thought of everything at the IRS!

If that's true it's so sad it's funny

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
            If that's true it's so sad it's funny
            it's 100% true... I did it several times just to make sure.

Comment

Guys the government isn't coming after your premiums to tax them. This is compliance so the government has a cross check as to whether or not you have insurance, as mandated under the affordable care act.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                I got a major wake up call when i started my own company on the IRS.

I paid six figures and I'll owe six figures when everything is said and done . . . . . . . . and the income wasn't proportional but owning an llc spreadsheet numbers have to be included in my income.

good news my company had an awesome record year. Bad news I'll be paying personal income on money that isn't being taken out of the company.
                That's where I got screwed. Paid 50k extra in taxes and didn't personally receive anything.

Comment

the child credit, mortgage interest, college loan interest and other common deductions have been like that for a long time. the entire system is set up to penalize people for success.
                  They penalize those doing well for themselves to pay out "refunds" to those not paying in.

Comment

Nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      They penalize those doing well for themselves to pay out "refunds" to those not paying in.
                      It's a system that rewards mediocrity

Comment

I filed yesterday. Didn't see anything about paying taxes for employer contribution for health care. Really sucks that we don't get the child credit as we just barely make over the limit. But on the bright side I get a tad bit more back than last year, which was $12.00

Comment

not sure what your family situation is, but you better check single member plans before you go down that road. It's absolutely obscene what insurance costs are these days.
                          lets just say between my employer, my out of pocket and deductible the insurance company gets +32k before they pay a dime back to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X