No announcement yet.

Fireplace or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a gas log insert. Remote controlled and sealed up good. Little to no draft. Has variable speed motor that can run on 4 AA batteries in case of power outage. Pretty nice set up.

Comment

I’ve got four in our future house plans lmao.

I have a fire going any chance I can.

Comment

We have never used ours; still looks brand new.

Comment

I built my house without one. I wish I had put one in. We love having fires and it's not always possible to do one outside.

I may go ahead and add a wood burning stove soon.

Comment

Not a must have but wife would want one. I converted ours to Natural gas. It has a insert that holds heat and two blowers. Heats the living room great but the rest of the house can get cold. Friend of mine had his tied into the central duct and keeps the whole house warm.

Comment

We are having our house remolded and have decided to go with this wood fired stove instead of a fire place.
              Attached Files

Comment

I wanted a large masonry fireplace in my upcoming house build but since I’m doing total foam encapsulation, I’m going with a stove insert and blower system instead.

It has a way to pull in makeup air to help with combustion. Supposed to be much more efficient and larger ones can heat up to 3000 sq/ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                  I love having fires when its cold and drizzly outside but thats only about 20-30 times a year at the most.
                  That's probably a lot more use than a formal dining room gets, or a stand alone bath tub in the master bathroom, or a guest bed room, etc.

Comment

At my parents house the chimney was in need of repair - that and they are in their eighties and we got em a fake fire - it looks and sounds like a real fire we were blown away about how not cheesy this thing is! Has a heater tube that blows hot air into the room from both sides and sits inside the fireplace just plugs into any electrical outlet. I like a real fire but it's much less maintenance to have it outside IMO I think it was $500 just googled electric fireplace

Comment

We put a set of LP gas logs with a blower in our new house. LOVE IT. Flip the switch and you've got a warm fire that will heat a large area. No cutting/hauling wood, no ash, no mess, no chimney. If I want to sit around a wood fire, I'll go outside to the fire pit, or to the fireplace in my outdoor kitchen (when it's finished) . See Dale Moser, he'll fix you up.

Comment

Must for me. However, if I was building, I'd probably do a more efficient wood stove.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Must have for me. Or a wood stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How important is it to be warm when an ice storm knocks out the power?

Comment

Originally posted by Airtech View Post
                              This is a Pacific Energy T5 wood heater installed as my house was being built in 2013. It heats the entire 1950 sq. ft. The room it is in has a 20 ft. high centerline ceiling. Rather pricey, but that was complete installation. I considerate it worth every penny on cold days. Does not require a blower even though one is available. House was built with extra insulation, so I am sure that helps some.
                              ^^^ This... must have some kind of fire to watch.... just creates a relaxing mood and calming..'

Comment

A must for me. Switching to gas logs with a remote was one of the best changes I have ever made. Go gas, no mess, no smoke, no lost heat going up the chimney.

Comment

Working...
                                X