Trapping 2016 - 2017 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    I added a shot of coyote urine to the backing on that dirt hole with the pattern miss to keep them interested. On the dropping set I added a little Bobcat gland lure. It looks like the coyote marked that dropping pile. I put a stick in the track the coyote made in case they come back they won't step in the same spot.
    [ATTACH]837777[/ATTACH]
    Where go you get your gland lure at?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

F and T. It is Liezel Roussaat. sp

Comment

Dog poop with a dab of fox frenzy gland lure and a shot of coyote urine. Hopefully I didn't overdo the stepping guides.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20170126_103715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	24481938

Comment

We started immediately after the deer season. Had to, as the coons were getting fat off of all of our feeders.

Comment

I put a dirt hole set about fifty yards from the previous flat set. They did with Mark June Widowmaker bobcat meat bait a little coyote urine and some violator 7. The Violator is skunky.
            The picture wouldn't load.

Comment

Sets don't look bad.
              It's funny lots of guys use dirt holes but man I must be doing something wrong I don't catch much wirh them. I like my flat sets

Comment

This is a dirt hole set for raccoon. I have the logs stacked around it to keep cattle out. It is next to a tank. There is a Victor number 3 long spring in front and it is baited with some old Locklear's gator bait.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20170126_132003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	24481951

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
                  Sets don't look bad.
                  It's funny lots of guys use dirt holes but man I must be doing something wrong I don't catch much wirh them. I like my flat sets

I am about half and half on their holes and flat sets. And half of my dirt holes are big like a badger hole and half are small like a rat hole.

Comment

And that is all academic until I catch something. It's all based on what I've read or seen in videos.

Comment

Trying the old Tire set. I have all the pasture without cattle just about covered. There are cattle right where I have this set placed. Maybe the cattle attract coyotes. I don't know. I am giving it a shot. I have Widowmaker paste bait, Boss Dog coyote gland lure, Fox frenzy gland lure, and cavins violator 7 in places around the tire (inside). Also a little coyote urine on a cow chip.
                      I have had this tire staged here for probably 2 years for this purpose. Hopefully the coyotes won't spook at it.
                      Picture won't load.

Comment

You may be causing sensory overload on coyotes, try a couple of sets with only urine or lure ot bait not all, also the warmer the weather the smaller amount of lure, this time of year I'll use a dot about the size of a match head up to the end of a q-tip size.

Comment

I'm no expert by any means but that is a whole lot of scent brotha!

Comment

Had to really crop it.

[ATTACH]837842[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              You may be causing sensory overload on coyotes, try a couple of sets with only urine or lure ot bait not all, also the warmer the weather the smaller amount of lure, this time of year I'll use a dot about the size of a match head up to the end of a q-tip size.
                              Originally posted by The General View Post
                              I'm no expert by any means but that is a whole lot of scent brotha!
                              I didn't use a lot of any except for the paste bait. That's the first time setting a tire and I wanted to give them incentive to get inside it.

Comment

The tire is the only one that I used that much variety.

Comment

Working...
                                X