No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey DirtyMike, stop drinking that beer! I need to see you soon to drop off the firewater with you, bro!

Comment

No restrictions on night vision, but what is the point? List of prohibited acts:

says you cant hunt more than 30 minutes after sundown at Granger.

I did rig up my bow with a laser pointer sight one time just to see if it improved my accuracy. Cant say as it did, and the dot was too dim for full daylight hunting.

Comment

Granger is a great crappie lake. Go to checkpoint II near gate 6. Chartuse hair jigs or minnows under a bobber. Get minnows at the Circleville store. Best at sundown or into the night under a lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
          Speedgoat, before you head out there you might check to make sure nighvision is legal - i thought i remember reading somewhere they only allow spotlights since it easily picks up the blaze orange hats and vests which are required.

I think Crod goes out there alot in the evenings, he might know.
          Make sure you all have you shot guns with buck shot and are wearing all black with ur night vision. Best movement is 10pm to 3am..... j/k. seriously austin30 don't mention my name like you know me or have hunted with me.
          I hunt out there a lot but I do not break laws and am first to call and report illegal activity when I see it.

Comment

Dang, you guys are a tough crowd ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wackmaster View Post
              How's the crappie fishing out there? I'm thinking about doing a duel fishing/pig hunt/camping out there sometime this summer.
              Texas Navy Chief is the go to guy for that information.

Comment

Went out today to put my tree stand up, got out there and there was pigs everywhere.Shot one and will pist a pic in am.She was about 150lbs or so.

Comment

Post a pic..that is

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                      Pics or it didn't happen!

Yeah, what he said! Congrats.

Comment

Ok...heres one picture.Got to get the rest off my wifes phone
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice pig!

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Went out this morning for a stroll. Could have bagged several deer, but didn't feel like going to jail. Jumped three hogs, but didn't even see them cause the vegetation is so high. Definitely stand and feeder time!

Comment

Originally posted by Austinhunter30 View Post
                              You cant use shotguns at Granger. This is exactly why everyone should be wearing blaze orange out there, even at night.
                              Not even for mosquitoes????? There are some pretty nasty ones out there. Had one drag me for twenty yards once until I was able to get to my BK 5 and knife it several times, then it just let go and flew away.

Chris I plan to be out there 22-24 and I'll bring some nasty corn. PM with a good spot around Primitive boat launch.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                                Went out this morning for a stroll. Could have bagged several deer, but didn't feel like going to jail. Jumped three hogs, but didn't even see them cause the vegetation is so high. Definitely stand and feeder time!
                                Thanks...thats why I was putting up my tree stand...tired of jumping them and not having a shot cause of weeds to high.I got out to put up stand,sat it down by the tree heard something movin about 40 yrds away,and that one and about 15 others came out.She was the one in front.Shot her between the front legs in the chest at about 30yrds,she ran about 10 ft and died.I wanted a small one but they scattered.

Comment

Working...
                                X