No announcement yet.

Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the arrows went through the pump house, she’s dead. I’ve heard of them living from a one lung shot but if you hit both lungs and/or the liver she would be dead with any head. I’m personally not a fan of quartering to shot. As others have said aim for the V but this is bow hunting, every thing has to be perfect to make a great shot and it just doesn’t happen that way all the time.

Half the battle is having faith in your equipment. If you don’t no sense in shooting it anymore. Every one has their own opinion on broad heads and swear by them. That doesn’t mean you have to. Find the one that you swear by

Comment

I dunno about switching broad heads. Last year I made a shot on a buck that was back, from the kill zone. Gave the deer a good amount of time, no recovery. Still sick about my shot. I got to thinking that a different, larger broadhead might have helped. The next morning shot a 235lb, 140 class 8 pt. Made a shot in the crease and watched him drop at 75 yards. Same broadhead as shot the day before. Killed another a month later and a mulie in January, with the same broad head, just touched up the blades for sharpness. That one head is retired though.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        I’ve made shot errors too. And if op wants to change from the #1 off the shelf Broadhead that’s no issue for me. But blaming this shot on a Broadhead..... please
        ^^^This.........if the OP wants to place blame somewhere, it's sure not the broadhead's fault.

Comment

The shot is for sure back. But slick tricks do suck.. Blade angle is too steep for me.. Ive never had good blood trails with them..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            Ive never had good blood trails with them..
            My experience as well.

A buddy shot a deer opening weekend as perfectly in the "V" as you can and blood trail was terrible. We found it pretty quick but it wasn't by trailing the blood.

Comment

broad head for the win no doubt.

Comment

Think what you will... your situation was not a problem with the broadhead.

Confucius say:
                "misidentify problem? solution no workie"

Comment

As stated already don’t blame the broad head, if you would of hit vitals it would be dead.. the only thing I could see helping in this situation would be an expandable May would of opened up and barely sliced something, maybe not.. and for everyone talking about blood trails I don’t know this but I personally I think that you get a better blood trail from a tree typically, I think if you shoot one from a ground blind especially if the shot is any bit high that by the time the lungs fill up and start to really pump out the blood the animal is dead.. a tree seems like you would be poking a hole lower at the exit..

Comment

If you hit them in the “right” spot, a spork will kill.

For me a slight quartering away and tucked in tight is the only shot.

Preferable about 20 yards out. Any closer in a tree stand and the angle is just too great.

And rule #1 is to ALWAYS aim for the exit hole.

Good luck. Go back out and stick her again.

Comment

Slick Tricks haven’t let me down yet. Love em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't try this with your expandable. That's the actual shoulder joint. Slick trick 100 magnum

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          The shot is for sure back. But slick tricks do suck.. Blade angle is too steep for me.. Ive never had good blood trails with them..
                          How can a 1 1/8 square hole not leave a blood trail? Kyle is gonna post a couple of pics of a deer Lindy killed with an 85 grain ST on a quartering shot. She could’ve gone a little more forward, but the shot was all lungs. I think the OP ‘s shot was more broadside than he thinks.

Comment

85 gr ST
                            Attached Files

Comment

I have killed many deer and hogs with my ST's put in the "spot". I really wish I could still get ST Razor Tricks, they went through hogs like butter. I have actually shot a big hog with one, and the arrow went through it, and killed another hog behind it.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by DFA; 10-13-2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Don't try this with your expandable. That's the actual shoulder joint. Slick trick 100 magnum
                                Well did you find the deer?

Comment

Working...
                                X