• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^that is a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by ltsheets View Post
      ^^^that is a great idea!
      benchrest gunsmiths do this all the time since the gauge can serve so many purposes when reloading

Comment

I don't know what this forum would be without Cajun Blake!

Comment

Lightweight 300 wm

Comment

Decided on a used WTO! Pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              I don't know what this forum would be without Cajun Blake!

Howa and Simmons stock would be a lot higher.

He is a wealth of knowledge and sells dang good chili mix too!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

B]my tip of the day[/B] For anyone having a new barrel chambered or custom rifle built, ask the GS to make you a "stub gauge". It's a left over piece from the barrel that is chambered with the reamer and a site window milled on the side. This will allow you to take a fired piece of brass and confirm if the necks have grown and if they need trimming. You can also see the bullet seating depth to the lands. This useful tool will probably cost $50 but priceless when it comes to reloading

Thanks! This is a great suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  depends on who is doing the work

$1050 - Defiant Rebel action (dealer pays $900)
                  $ 345 - Bartlein barrel (dealer pays $300)
                  $ 345 - HS stock (dealer pays $300)
                  $ 250 - cut, chamber, crown
                  $ 125 - cerakote barreled action
                  $ 125 - Timney trigger
                  $ 125 - bottom metal PTG M5 style
                  $ 100 - dip stock

$2465 ... price can be +/- based on options like: Jewell, 1-pc scope base, brake, threaded end cap, fluting, pillar glass bedding, etc....
                  You sure on that defiance price? I'm interested in one at those prices lol. My deviant hunter was a good bit more. I need a dealer buddy haha

Comment

Defiance has their Rebel action priced at $1090 without rail and $1190 with rail on their site. That ain't bad as I thought they'd be more as well.

Comment

One rifle for everything is hard. There's alot of "better" calibers out there but I absolutely love my 308 and it's so easy to shoot and I know it's dope, I have alot of confidence in this round

7mag beats it hands down in distance and I like it too but it's just too dang much to me for whitetail around here I usually hunt with a 243 but wouldn't want to limit myself to just it for the rest of my life. If I was a big game guy elk etc I'd prob go 7mag but majority of critters I shoot will be whitetail, pigs, axis etc. 243 would handle them all but I give the nod to my 308. I haven't played with a ton of exotics but I have a safe full of guns and calibers and the 308 is what I love to punch paper with, comfy behind, enjoy reloading for and would take out if I was making a wager with a buddy on a "bet you can't hit that" kinda thing

Comment

As far as brand I'm not qualified to answer...all of mine are stock action with work done from there, stock, triggers, bedding, have one with a different Barrell now. I'd listen to Cajun guy has alot of knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          You sure on that defiance price? I'm interested in one at those prices lol. My deviant hunter was a good bit more. I need a dealer buddy haha
                          Hey goofball you need a new pair of reading glasses

I typed "Defiant Rebel" action , NOT Deviant Hunter or Deviant Tactical

The Rebel is Glenn's version of a 700 Clone action which all custom action manufacturers offer

Comment

Following

Comment

I was in same boat for all around TX custom hunting rifle and settled on a 7mm-08 with 1:9 twist on a 20” barrel. I can’t imagine it not doing the trick for my needs within 400-500yds or less. Ready to get my hands on it... Love my Browning .280 A-Bolt too. It’s a shooter!

Comment

6.5 SAUM or 6.5 PRC

6.5 PRC has factory ammo!!

Comment

Working...
                                X