Super Easy Crockpot Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Easy Crockpot Recipe

It doesn't get any more easy or fool proof than this. In addition, it's absolutely delicious. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.

1 - 1.5 lbs meat cut in smallish 1/2" cubes (venison, wild hog, beef, doves)
    1 can of Campbells french onion soup
    1 can of Campbells cream of celery soup
    Black pepper

Combine in crockpot and cook low all day. Serve over rice or pasta.

That sounds dang good Tex.
    Ever thought about using "cream of mushroom" soup instead of celery???

Comment

thanks tex we tryed it the other day good good good.

Comment

Glad you liked it, Waterdog.

Comment

That sounds great!

Comment

Trey, I gave this recipe a try using 1.4 lbs of beef stew meat. Thought folks might enjoy a visual. The meat was already cut up in about 1"-1 1/4" cubes. I didn't bother to cut it into the smaller 1/2" pieces and it still seemed to work fine. I used shell pasta for mine.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uprights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24717228

Here it is all mixed up and ready to cook. I set my crock pot to 8 hours on low.

Name:	Unpainted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24717229

Eight hours later and, after cooking up the pasta shells, dinner is served! THAT was easy! I put it all on two plates. But neither of us finished all of it. I think it could have actually fed three, especially with a side salad. Of course, the recipe could be easily doubled or even tripled, depending on the size crock pot you use.

Name:	Unpainted3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24717230

Super easy is right! And the results were delicious! It makes a gravy similar to Swedish meatballs, but actually better. Of course, having been slow cooked in the gravy, the meat was very tender and juicy.

Trey, this is a GREAT recipe! I enjoyed it very much and will definitely be making it again! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Tried this one yesterday and it was delicious!

I doubled the french onion soup, and cream of celery, because I added some mini carrots, pearl onions, and chopped new potatoes.

I didn't get started until noon, so I went ahead and lightly browned the meat in olive oil 1st. It worked well, but another hour or two in the crock pot and it would have been even better.

Excellent stuff Trey, gracias!

Comment

Trey,

Perfect! Made it for the neices and nephews last night. They loved it!

Comment

I love it when I can impart something to my green screen brother/sisterage rather than just taking from around here all the time. I'm very glad you all enjoy it. Mom has been making this recipe my whole life.

Snakelover - well done on the pics!!!

Comment

I have to say I made it today as well. I had bought an angus roast on sale a while back, vacuum packed it in the freezer. Cut it up yesterday into 1" cubes, about 2 pounds worth, and covered in black pepper and set in the fridge overnight. Put it in the crockpot this morning about 6:30am with 2 cans of french onion and 2 cans of cream of celery. We ate about 6pm tonight and the meat was awesome along with the sauce. Next time I will add a cream of mushroom though as I sorta like that one. Thanks.

Comment

Made this again yesterday using the backstraps from a wild boar I killed the previous weekend. This time I threw in some raw sliced mushrooms, very small new potatoes and some baby carrots. Worked equally well that way. Also, I used a lot more ground pepper than I did last time. You almost can't overdo it on the course ground pepper in my opinion. Great stuff, Trey!

Comment

talked my wife into making it today with rice and was awesome...good stuff right there and easy. thanks for sharing

Comment

Are you supposed to cook the meat before putting it in the crockpot? And, would it be okay to use ground venison instead of cubed meat?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Tried this one yesterday and it was delicious!

I doubled the french onion soup, and cream of celery, because I added some mini carrots, pearl onions, and chopped new potatoes.

I didn't get started until noon, so I went ahead and lightly browned the meat in olive oil 1st. It worked well, but another hour or two in the crock pot and it would have been even better.

Excellent stuff Trey, gracias!

Your new bride is gonna be so happy knowin you can cook Dale. I believe you'll be runnin things around your house right away when you get married.

Comment

Tex, What a great meal.I fixed this last Friday and the wife and kids ate it up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X