Best way to kill Rats around pets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to kill Rats around pets.

Does the baking soda deal work on rats. I have 2 dogs and do not want to use poison that may kill my dogs if the rat dies in the yard within their reach. Any suggestions?

Best?? Read the labels, there are some poisons out there that don't affect secondary consumers. I don't know that, just read it. Most fun way is just like deer and hog hunting, bait pile, light, pellet gun=fun in the moonlight.

Comment

Cats

Comment

unleash some snakes?

j.k.

I like the idea about shooting them with an air rifle at night, I always wanted to do this at my feeder after deer season.

Comment

Use the water bucket method. Look it up on YouTube. Works great.

Comment

I use those electric traps. Caught / killed dozens of rats with them. More effective than snap and glue traps and not toxic to your dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
              Use the water bucket method. Look it up on YouTube. Works great.
              So fun! ...and put a trailcam in video mode on it!

My grandpa used to have an old tub that he'd put old oil in. Then he'd sprinkle a layer of oats on top of it and had it next to something the critters could walk up. Just freshen the oats up from time to time until it was time to dump it out on the burn pile and start over!

Comment

Have used water buckets in the past with no success.��
                Sika, I am going to try your suggestion.

Comment

Sika can you give me a link to the ones you use please?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Cats
                    Believe it or not. This is the best way. You need some cats outside and inside. Cats are pound for pound the best killing machine on earth. They have the speed, stealth, and eyesight to kill rats, mice, snakes, etc.

We used to have mice. We bought (2) cats. Zero mice since. Matter of fact, nothing gets in the house.

Not everyone will do this because they don’t want animals. But this is by far the most effective way. It’s not even debatable.

Comment

Fyi, I bought one of the new rectangular shaped ones at Tractor Supply and had to return it because it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                        Believe it or not. This is the best way. You need some cats outside and inside. Cats are pound for pound the best killing machine on earth. They have the speed, stealth, and eyesight to kill rats, mice, snakes, etc.

We used to have mice. We bought (2) cats. Zero mice since. Matter of fact, nothing gets in the house.

Not everyone will do this because they don’t want animals. But this is by far the most effective way. It’s not even debatable.
                        Cats may be the best but do not think my 2 Rotties, Diesel, 138#’s and Sophie, 100#’s that are spoiled rotten inside and occasionally outside dogs would take kindly to cats in he yard and definitely not in the house. The house is their domain!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Cats may be the best but do not think my 2 Rotties, Diesel, 138#’s and Sophie, 100#’s that are spoiled rotten inside and occasionally outside dogs would take kindly to cats in he yard and definitely not in the house. The house is their domain!
                          😂😂😂😂😂

Not gonna argue with that!

Comment

Get some mostly wild barn cats and leave them outside.

Comment

C A T S..... Lethal to em and quick

Comment

Working...
                              X