Will it work ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Maybe paint it flat black in front of camera?
    I did that Tueday, and it helped enough that I can see the gate. Before that I was getting lots of flash from the IR. I may just go ahead and cut a little square out in front of the camera or move it up on the pole and see how that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I'm getting some flashback off of the panels, but I don't know whether to cut a square out of it or not. I can still see my gate is in the up position, I guess that's all that counts.
      Put the camera on the outside and in between panels. With the sensor in between the 4x4 sqaures. It works good for me. Gotta tighten the strap so it doesnt move.

I won't put mine inside bc a hog can ram it...but I will put it on the outside 3 feet off the ground with the housing of the camera on the back side of the panels

Comment

In for pics of lots of caught hogs

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          Put the camera on the outside and in between panels. With the sensor in between the 4x4 sqaures. It works good for me. Gotta tighten the strap so it doesnt move.

I won't put mine inside bc a hog can ram it...but I will put it on the outside 3 feet off the ground with the housing of the camera on the back side of the panels
          It is on the outside, but not right up against the panel. The closer it is, the easier to get away from the flashback, but when those hogs get excited they rattle the hell out of that pen, so I didn't want it close enough that the panel hits the camera when they start trying to get out. That sucker costs too much to be busted by battering from hogs. It's probably 8/9 inches from the panel. Probably gonna leave it like that for awhile and see what happens. If the hogs don't find it and go in, it's a moot point anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            In for pics of lots of caught hogs
            Me and you both brother, these sons-of-beaches are killing me !

Comment

WE've had good luck with circle traps. Hope you get them all.

Another option to consider depending on your success with the trigger is to basically create a squeeze shoot entrance.Meaning align panels in such a way that the hogs can push their way into the traps but can't get back out. Pour corn from outside thru the shoot, then the pigs follow the corn. From there we place most of the corn at opposite end from entrance so pigs gravitate over there.

Using this system there is no limit to how many hogs can enter. I saw the design for this on you tube. Circle C trap.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                It is on the outside, but not right up against the panel. The closer it is, the easier to get away from the flashback, but when those hogs get excited they rattle the hell out of that pen, so I didn't want it close enough that the panel hits the camera when they start trying to get out. That sucker costs too much to be busted by battering from hogs. It's probably 8/9 inches from the panel. Probably gonna leave it like that for awhile and see what happens. If the hogs don't find it and go in, it's a moot point anyway
                Strap it around the panels itself so the camera is sitting flush with the panels but on the outside. I have several wireless cameras and have trapped many pigs and that's how i do it with no issues.

Once they are trapped I turn the camera off so I don't get pics non stop

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  WE've had good luck with circle traps. Hope you get them all.

Another option to consider depending on your success with the trigger is to basically create a squeeze shoot entrance.Meaning align panels in such a way that the hogs can push their way into the traps but can't get back out. Pour corn from outside thru the shoot, then the pigs follow the corn. From there we place most of the corn at opposite end from entrance so pigs gravitate over there.

Using this system there is no limit to how many hogs can enter. I saw the design for this on you tube. Circle C trap.

Good luck.
                  Is this similar to a figure 6 trap? I didn't have any luck with that style

Comment

Very simple, yet great concept.

Comment

A couple mods to the trap. I moved the camera up the post to get rid of the flashback from the IR. Mo' betta !

Then, since deer have been entering the trap to eat corn, I stretched a wire across the outside of the gate opening. Too low for deer, too high for hogs (I hope). Several deer paced the opening last night, but never came in. Now....if I just had a coyote to eat the coons......
                      Attached Files

Comment

Deer wanting corn
                        Attached Files

Comment

We did the same thing except we ordered a $150 electronic latch. We welded the latch to the top of the gate then ran telephone cord back 200 yards to a dozer battery. We triggered it when the covert said they were all in there. This only works if you live close to your trap and can access it. This one was at our house. We caught 23 the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The best trigger i have used is just a screen door hook. Tie the cable on the hook and latch it to the door.

Comment

We did the same thing except we ordered a $150 electronic latch. We welded the latch to the top of the gate then ran telephone cord back 200 yards to a dozer battery. We triggered it when the covert said they were all in there. This only works if you live close to your trap and can access it. This one was at our house. We caught 23 the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                The best trigger i have used is just a screen door hook. Tie the cable on the hook and latch it to the door.
                                Have any pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X