• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one is on Rayburn.
    FYI this isn’t my photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have been told by FD Dive Team that the south end of Lake Arlington has several gators and several boat loads of water moccassins.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        'round east Texas, any hole of water bigger'n a coffee can is likely to have a gator n a moccassin or 2 in 'em...
        Yep... That's what I was thinkin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Lake Houston I would assume does.

Oh yea, some genuine bigguns! Back in the day before the ******* city council of Houston made it illegal to bowfish lake Houston, we used to see some monsters around the upper end just south of the 59 bridge!

Comment

Trinity River up river from Lake Livingston has some big gators. Not sure if your looking to hunt or just look at them but Lake Raven in Huntsville State Park has a lot of big gators

Comment

Choke canyon

Comment

The game wardens at Lake Proctor had pictures of a big gator behind the dam last year.

My brother in law and his crew saw one in the main body a few weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  'round east Texas, any hole of water bigger'n a coffee can is likely to have a gator n a moccassin or 2 in 'em...
                  along with the rivers and bayous and in Beaumont even the ditches and canals,,,, we had them 30 years ago been trying to share them with the rest of the state since then!!

Comment

The biggest alligator I have ever seen,in person or pictures, was at choke canyon in January of all times. It was unseasonably warm, so much so that I was scouting for duck hunting spots in only my boxers and waders. It was in the water and only saw it because it was a very still day and something moving very slowly caught my eye. It was so large it didn’t register in my brain that it was a gator. I even pondered to my friends, “what do ya figure is causing that log to move?”. As I was pointing at it for my buds to see, I realized what it was. I didn’t have one moment of peace that week we hunted. A cold front came in and it was too cold for them then but I was still freaked out. The hunt was good though. That was 2005 I believe, I watched texas beat usc for the championship in the motel room.

Comment

Sheldon reservoir has some big arse gators in it.

Comment

Richland-Chambers

Comment

We have enough to fill every boat on TBH here along the coast! I am constantly having to encouraging them to leave my catches alone.

Michael

Comment

I tried googling to find out what the western most point in Texas that alligators had been seen in and found this map from TPWD:

Doesn't look like it includes Texoma which I know has alligators.

What's the furthest west an alligator has been seen in Texas?

Comment

Used to be a monster by the 99 bridge of choke as has already been stated. Scary big!

Comment

Eagle mountain
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X