Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primos Double Bull and Ameristep Element Ground Blind material questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had several DB and I like my rhino blinds better

Comment

Primos Double Bull and Ameristep Element Ground Blind material questions...

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      I have had several DB and I like my rhino blinds better

Why is that? Specifically I mean? I’m all ears.
      Last edited by Smart; 04-21-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

2 years ago I bought a rhino blind and a db. They’ve been out every since. When we moved to our new lease I haven’t set them up yet but the db still looks new. The rhino is sun faded bad and the back wall ripped all the way across the bottom mice thought it tasted good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a rhino in the garage i'm going to sell. Used a couple times. I got the new double bull today. Surround 180. Cant wait to get it out in the field. The DB material has changed from years ago but it is better than the rhino. Love the view from the new DB surround

rick

Comment

What about the Xenek? Are they any good??

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I have the DB double wide. It's been very durable.
              X2. I’m impressed with it. Especially how quiet it is to get into and out of and how the windows secure on the inside.

Comment

I have two DB with the better material (thicker than) and 1 AS. The rhino is ok, but for the $$$ Academy may have some on display to see and feel. This what I do during the off season...shop smart...sales going on never pay full price.
                Now when I get mine I set it up in yard and spray 2-3 coats of Thompson water seal all over the outer shell (well before deer season), help weather proof and keep from fading if left out. Today's DB (see label...made in...wait for it---China [emoji848]). Material thinner and you may see pin holes once set up...not what I pay for. The water seal helps the material (much like waxing your bow string). Each blind are different size I have and all still look new. The poles on the DB are thinner than older models.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two Double Bull Deluxes and one Bullpen. The Deluxe is an awesome blind and I have no complaints. I hate the Bullpen. The door is freakin awful. So bad you want to light the dang blind on fire getting in and out of the thing. I'd buy any other deluxe in a heart beat. The bullpen is crap though.

Comment

I had a couple of the primos double bull blinds before. I was bad about leaving them out after season. So the sun tooks its toll on the materials and it dry rotted over time, but that's a lot of my fault for leaving them out year around. Good blinds overall. My last one the cows had fun with it and broke a bunch of the rods. Ended up just building a permimant ground blind last year out of 2x4's and paneling. Double bulls are spacious they are hard to beat. If I do need to buy another portable blind it will be out of the primos line.

Comment

I bought a double bull recently. I am not sure what model it is, I got the "deal" from cabelas that also came with 2 chairs. I have to say it is an awesome blind. Time will tell on how it lasts, I do know I paid a pretty penny for it.

Comment

I have the DB bullpen and a Rhino blind. The rhino blind is about 3 years old, and its on its last leg. The DB bullpen is about a year old and is still in excellent condition. Both are great blinds, but for the money Id go with the DB bullpen. The material is about the same, but the DB hasn't faded yet. The hubs are much better on the DB IMO as well.

Comment

XENEK's Apex Ground Blind

You may want to look into our Apex ground blind. XENEK offers a lifetime warranty on the frame and 2-year warranty on the fabric. The patented window system uses 4-way stretch fabric and allows you to manipulate the size, shape, and location of the window to maximize your shooting opportunities. If you'd like more information, you're welcome to email me - jake@huntxenek.com. Good luck in your search.

https://huntxenek.com/
                          Attached Files

Comment

I’ve hunted out of double bulls every kind they have made almost every ameristep made and by far the double bulls are way more durable the primos xxl is a good blind to look at too for durability it is made out of the same fabric as the double bulls but the windows are a little different and they are a lot cheaper then the double bulls the only thing I do not like about the double bulls if your tall you need a short chair are you will have a hurting neck all hunting season !

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              I’ve hunted out of double bulls every kind they have made almost every ameristep made and by far the double bulls are way more durable the primos xxl is a good blind to look at too for durability it is made out of the same fabric as the double bulls but the windows are a little different and they are a lot cheaper then the double bulls the only thing I do not like about the double bulls if your tall you need a short chair are you will have a hurting neck all hunting season !

Have you hunted out of the Ameristep Element that was released 10/2016??

Thanks for the heads up on the XXL.....I'll give it a look. Same to you Xenek!
                              Last edited by Smart; 04-23-2018, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Have you hunted out of the Ameristep Element that was released 10/2016??

Thanks for the heads up on the XXL.....I'll give it a look. Same to you Xenek!
                                Here's an article from last year that lays out a few options for you.
                                http://www.bowhunter.com/gear-access...turkey-blinds/

Comment

Working...
                                X