No announcement yet.

Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great stuff. We are about to start running protein on our place. Tried some Record Rack stuff for a while that came from the TSC I believe and deer didnt seem to take to it. I live in Houston and hunt near Palestine. I am not sure what of the "good brands" are available to me near either place or in between. I would like to support to smaller local feed companys though rather than the big corporations. Need to start doing my research I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DF&G View Post
      Georgetown is closest at the moment. Always looking to add new dealers so if you have a good relationship with your local guy please email or pm me details and I'll see what I can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is the dealer in Georgetown? Thanks

Comment

So now you need a cost comparison between feeds to consider the pluses/minuses in relation to cost.

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
          Really like your list so we can compare maybe we can plug in the per ton cost for each as well. The Exxtreme Rack 20 runs $360 a ton that's bagged.
          Have you seen any bulk pricing yet at angelo pellets?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            Have you seen any bulk pricing yet at angelo pellets?
            I could be wrong but I thought they told me last time I was in there that it was the same price bulk or bagged but that was using their trailer so maybe if you have your own its better??

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
              Who is the dealer in Georgetown? Thanks

The Feed Store. Clint is the guy to talk to. His cell is 512-863-5420

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
                I considered DD until one of the Holden guys called me a ****** on Facebook.

I may have made a comment about their methods of advertising.
                Yes this is what pushes a lot of people away. As a professional some of them do not realize they cannot do that to someone who has a negative light on their products or services.

The owner or top dog himself did it also on FB

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  I could be wrong but I thought they told me last time I was in there that it was the same price bulk or bagged but that was using their trailer so maybe if you have your own its better??

May be I haven't asked.

Comment

What is the current price range for DD in bags?

I would be interested in it if the price came down some. I just cant justify $2.50-3 more a bag on a small ranch

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      Yes this is what pushes a lot of people away. As a professional some of them do not realize they cannot do that to someone who has a negative light on their products or services.

The owner or top dog himself did it also on FB
                      With all due respect I'm certain that Mr. Holden did not make a mistake like that on FB. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a FB account. That being said I know that things can get out of hand online. We have had to delete some out of line comments made by actual customers that were commenting in defense of negativity. It's a powerful tool, but can go the other direction too.

We are proud of this product and customers like Mr. Holden are excited with the results. So much so that if you would like to speak with him about protein, his program, or anything in between PM me with your contact info and I'll assure you a call from him asap. I've always known him to be very open to sharing info with anyone willing to listen.

Comment

Georgetown is closest at the moment. Always looking to add new dealers so if you have a good relationship with your local guy please email or pm me details and I'll see what I can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I do but they are a dead set ADM dealer when it comes to deer feeds. Pm sent regardless.

Comment

With all due respect I'm certain that Mr. Holden did not make a mistake like that on FB. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a FB account. That being said I know that things can get out of hand online. We have had to delete some out of line comments made by actual customers that were commenting in defense of negativity. It's a powerful tool, but can go the other direction too.

We are proud of this product and customers like Mr. Holden are excited with the results. So much so that if you would like to speak with him about protein, his program, or anything in between PM me with your contact info and I'll assure you a call from him asap. I've always known him to be very open to sharing info with anyone willing to listen.
                          So it is a fair thing to do for a company to delete negative reviews from actual paying customers of yours?

Reviews are sometimes and a lot of times going to go in the other direction, and that is business. Even more reason to watch how and what professionals say and do what you can to make it the opposite.

Again I am not bashing the product as it seems very good, just the way some things have been handled and in desperation makes many people have a bad rap and shy away.

But DD protein seems to be leading this conversation in terms of TDN.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                            So it is a fair thing to do for a company to delete negative reviews from actual paying customers of yours?

Reviews are sometimes and a lot of times going to go in the other direction, and that is business. Even more reason to watch how and what professionals say and do what you can to make it the opposite.

Again I am not bashing the product as it seems very good, just the way some things have been handled and in desperation makes many people have a bad rap and shy away.

But DD protein seems to be leading this conversation in terms of TDN.
                            I'm all about reviews. There are pros and cons to everything, and this thread is proof of that. Free market, and the consumer in the driver's seat.

What I was referring to was posts about DD in a negative light being replied to in improperly. Think we had a actual customer that took a post too far in defense of DD, and that's what I deleted. Same as Sippy pointed out someone calling him a ****** on FB - it just shouldn't have happened.

Sorry if my wording on that post was misleading, I'm not going to censor someone's thought/opinion/review if it's real - customer or noncustomer.
                            I just want to make sure its kept as clean as possible on our FB page same TBH. I believe in keeping things family friendly just an old school country way of doing business.

Comment

How much is the same feed in a plain sack without the dd label?

Comment

With all due respect, please keep the integrity of this post as well as its benefit and purpose entact. Eventhough people's attitudes and responses may influence if a customer buys their products, it does not effect the content of the feed itself. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X