• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    X2

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

X3!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      And antler restrictions in many Panhandle counties for mule deer.
      thank goodness....seeing lots of young mule deer bucks shot often... can't imagine what some maturity would do for them

Comment

so in van Zandt cty, we could hunt until 3rd sunday in January, then have antlerless/spike and youth season until first sunday in feb?

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          so in van Zandt cty, we could hunt until 3rd sunday in January, then have antlerless/spike and youth season until first sunday in feb?
          You wouldn’t have antlerless/spike in Van Zandt. It appears that muzzleloader and youth would be the two weeks after general season going into February
          Last edited by BULL21; 01-23-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            And antler restrictions in many Panhandle counties for mule deer.
            X2

Comment

They oughta just leave good enough alone. We already have deer that have shed and season will run till mid Feb? Gonna be plenty of “antlerless” deer killed.

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

I don't mind a later season for culls and does. I already get nervous as heck starting around Christmas, hoping that my nice deer that I want to live, which start showing themselves for food, don't get killed by the neighbors. One more week of worrying would drive me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    I don't mind a later season for culls and does. I already get nervous as heck starting around Christmas, hoping that my nice deer that I want to live, which start showing themselves for food, don't get killed by the neighbors. One more week of worrying would drive me crazy.
                    I was thinking the same thing! A nice buck I've been watching made it through the general season, cause i saw him at the corn feeder last weekend. I was truly relieved he made it. One more week would drive me nuts!

Comment

What are the proposed season dates?

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                        They oughta just leave good enough alone. We already have deer that have shed and season will run till mid Feb? Gonna be plenty of “antlerless” deer killed.
                        That is why on a MLD lease I was on after the regular season ended we could only shoot bucks. Did not want people shooting what they thought was a big doe.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                          Saturday closest to Sep 30- third weekend of January, then late youth/muzzleloader for two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                            That is why on a MLD lease I was on after the regular season ended we could only shoot bucks. Did not want people shooting what they thought was a big doe.
                            Yeah they’re gonna screw up doing this. A lot of people I know wait till ML to kill their does. We already have a 4 month deer season as if that’s not long enough. I get why the south Texas folk want it later but just change that region.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                              looks like normal season is getting close to the same length as MLD leases, good deal!
                              Yep. Next stop, bag limit reductions (hopefully, at least in some areas...maybe they'll just make AR counties 1 buck counties so 1.5 yr. old spike aren't walking dead).

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Archery opens Sept. 29th based on seasons past.

General Season opens November 3rd

General season ends on January 20th if I interpreted the OP's post correctly

Not official, just my guess!

Comment

Working...
                                X