No announcement yet.

TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool deal! We don’t have reds where I trap but I sure wish we did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
      Good deal man

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Thanks! Wish I had more cats! Ha Ha. You are really doing well on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
        Thanks! Wish I had more cats! Ha Ha. You are really doing well on them.
        Haha an I'm wishing for reds lol but it's been a good year. But chuck brought me a male red the other day. I'm catching good bait now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I finally caught one. I’ve been trapping for 3 seasons out at my lease and I’ve never been able to get my hands on a yote. Today this guy was waiting for me when I made my check. I don’t know how but he managed to get the snare caught over his head and between his jaws.

I got him on a carcass pile I’d closed down to just three entrances that I have snares on. Did a lil scouting and found some crawl unders on the high fence that borders one part of the property. That I’ve set with snares as well. Hoping for a productive weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
            Well I finally caught one. I’ve been trapping for 3 seasons out at my lease and I’ve never been able to get my hands on a yote. Today this guy was waiting for me when I made my check. I don’t know how but he managed to get the snare caught over his head and between his jaws.

I got him on a carcass pile I’d closed down to just three entrances that I have snares on. Did a lil scouting and found some crawl unders on the high fence that borders one part of the property. That I’ve set with snares as well. Hoping for a productive weekend.

Good job!

Comment

Next day and I had this guy waiting for me.

Flipped him over and saw this.

This is only the second yote I’ve caught. I’m guessing this is mange. Can anyone confirm? Much obliged.

Comment

Here’s the remake.

Comment

So last night I was hunting near a set I had made when I heard t go off and based on the response I figured it was a rabbit. When I left, sure enough I’d caught one. I dispatched the poor creature and then had a thought. I stripped the cotton tail and put it between the two small dirt holes for a lil eye appeal. Sure enough, had a grey waiting for me in the morning.

And here’s the remake that looks like the original. Pan just above my finger.

And I got a double on trash pandas.

If I can get a bobcat tonight I’ll have caught all my target species on this property in one trip.

Comment

Good job, ElCid

Comment

Originally posted by ElCid07 View Post
                      So last night I was hunting near a set I had made when I heard t go off and based on the response I figured it was a rabbit. When I left, sure enough I’d caught one. I dispatched the poor creature and then had a thought. I stripped the cotton tail and put it between the two small dirt holes for a lil eye appeal. Sure enough, had a grey waiting for me in the morning.

And here’s the remake that looks like the original. Pan just above my finger.

And I got a double on trash pandas.

If I can get a bobcat tonight I’ll have caught all my target species on this property in one trip.

Excellent! Looks like you are on a roll!

Comment

Good Stuff Fellas!

BT I really like that red fox photo with the sheep in the background.

Congrats on another good lookin’ cat Eric.

Nice work on the coyotes & fox ELC.

Comment

We caught a BIG bobcat in one of the coyote snares. Taking this one to the taxidermist for a full body mount, for the fireplace mantel.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well the roll ended. I got nada this morning except for one fired off trap. No worries though. Still a great trip. Keep it going fellas!

Comment

Not a big time trapper, but have been using a Dukes trap. Every night I’ve set it I’ve caught something. So far 5 raccoons and one Fox. Sorry no pictures, but I’m thinning them out one set at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                                We caught a BIG bobcat in one of the coyote snares. Taking this one to the taxidermist for a full body mount, for the fireplace mantel.
                                Very nice

Comment

Working...
                                X