No announcement yet.

Skid Steer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skid steers are awesome for stacking brush piles, and doing light dirt work. We took one all over our place for a couple months just cleaning up after the dozer. Then had some serious brush piles to burn.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. Saltgrass I will be in touch.

Comment

If I were going to buy a skid steer I would stay away from the overpriced Caterpillar and John Deere. I would look at ASV skid steers. They made Caterpillar machines for them under contract and now are a better machine and will save you thousands and perform better.

Comment

I've got very little experience, but I rented a Bobcat to do the clean up when my house was built. The Bobcat had tires rather than tracks and I couldn't get much traction to fill up the bucket with junk - I ended up with 1/3 to 1/2 loads almost every time. The tracks would have given me much better traction and made the job shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
            I've got very little experience, but I rented a Bobcat to do the clean up when my house was built. The Bobcat had tires rather than tracks and I couldn't get much traction to fill up the bucket with junk - I ended up with 1/3 to 1/2 loads almost every time. The tracks would have given me much better traction and made the job shorter.
            Sounds like you were being timid. I dug a tank at the ranchito with my 82hp turbo diesel cat and I could get the bucket so full and piled with dirt the skid steer was tippy. You gotta hit it harder and get what you are picking up rolling instead of skidding.

Comment

I've ran Bobcat, Cat, and John Deere and I would take John Deere and Cat any day of the week. Make sure you get tracks and hand controls. Skid steers are so versatile and have so many attachments you can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh7099 View Post
                I've ran Bobcat, Cat, and John Deere and I would take John Deere and Cat any day of the week. Make sure you get tracks and hand controls. Skid steers are so versatile and have so many attachments you can't go wrong.
                Nothing runs like a deer, especially when chased by a CAT,

Comment

You could find a used cat 257 at that budget range. Probably in the 1200-1600 hour range. With track and full cab.
                  Last edited by ladrones; 07-16-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I just got an email from United Rental, they are selling off some of their rental fleet.

Hit them up, and see if they have one you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                    X