Old 02-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Joey~AP
Administrator

Hunt In: Texas

This is the one we use.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
KCK's Bohemian Cabbage

1lb peppered bacon cut into 1 1/2" long pieces. Get the bacon rendered down to where you could eat it, but still chewy then add a bunch of green onions diced, and 1 red onion chopped (discliamer:The red onion is something I added and not sanctioned, or approved by the afforementioned square-head). Cook the onion for a minute or three, then dump in two heads of chopped cabbage. Keep stirring and turning over, and adding salt as you go. Don't be afraid of the salt, it takes a bunch, and I add copious ammounts of fresh ground black pepper. If you start to run short on oil you can add olive oil, just depends how fat the bacon is. I like to cook most of the crunch out of the cabbage, so the thick pieces crunch, but not the thin ones.

Best served with a big rare ribeye, and cold beer. I've cooked this all over the place, for all types of people since Casey showed it to me........and EVERYONE comes back for more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
()_)--()_)---o-)_)
Joey~AP is offline   Back To The Top