Tendinitis in both elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
    I try to lay off. It’s amazing how hard that is. I’ll go out and say “ I’m just gonna shoot six”. Well, six becomes 30 or so. I really am just getting to the point where I’m shooting what I’d call “decent”. I have high expectations of myself and without practice, I’ll never be happy with my shooting.
    Thanks for the advice Bisch. Glad to know someone else has had it.
    Ken, same thing happened to me. I finally had to go to a crossbow if I wanted to keep hunting. I would prefer compound bow but just not possible for me.

Comment

Yes, I have had tennis elbow in my bow arm... but never ever in my draw arm. In fact, my bow arm and shoulder get sore way way way before my draw arm/shoulder.

For my stint or occasional flare up, I reduce my shooting dramatically and wear a tennis elbow brace when I do. You'd be surprised how well you can keep in decent shooting form shooting only 6-12 arrows, 2-3x a week.

The trick to avoid it coming back is to always ramp back up slowly. Don't then just jump into shooting 5x a week 50-100 arrows. Add a day... add a few more arrows.

Hitting the gym and doing generic upper body workouts has been the best preventative treatment for any discomfort shooting.

Comment

No tendonitis flare ups lately, but I'll admit it - I'm sore as get out from shooting with the ole big girl the other day. Really sore.

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X