No announcement yet.

Anyone have any chili secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so i went with 1 pound of ground pronghorn and one package of hind quarter steaks cubed small.. I browned that with onion, garlic and jalapeno. Added 1 cup of wine and some diced tomatoes and all the spices.. we will see how it turns out

Comment

I add sweet potato to mine.

Comment

I got third place at my kids school. Never entered a contest before. I threw all sorts of stuff in that chili except beans. My secret ingredient was tobacco jalapeño jelly.

Comment

My wife has a secret recipe and won 1st place a few weeks ago AND HER RECIPE USES BEANS.

So throw out the "dont use beans" theory5

Comment

probally to late for you now,

Get with Blake and get his chili mix, follow his directions and win. Pretty easy
            Last edited by one66stang; 10-21-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              The secret is don't put beans in it
              ^this

Comment

Man we did that Arrowpilot Chili at the lease 2 weekends ago (look in the recipes thread) and it won a gold trophy at our lease. There were only two of us there and it won more like a gold colored piece of scrap metal but you make do with what you got.

Comment

Vinnie, don’t put too much onions in the sauce.

Comment

Well I got second place out of 11-12 chili’s not bad for stinky speed goat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sliding water

Comment

if you ever do some reading on where chili came from and what it had in it, it all most always had beans in it

Comment

I know this is late, but I like to put a nice huge spoon of creamy peanut butter in mine. Thickens it up, and you get a slight peanut butter taste.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            as long as the antelope doesn't have a strong "sage" taste, go ahead and use it
                            Only antelope I've tasted was strongly sage flavored.

Comment

Please, tell me why everyone thinks chili shouldn't have beans in it... And why chili with beans is Yankee chili. Where did this come from?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                                Please, tell me why everyone thinks chili shouldn't have beans in it... And why chili with beans is Yankee chili. Where did this come from?
                                It came from the owners of the rock and cedar tree eating, starving to death cattle up in the hill country.

Comment

Working...
                                X