• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, I always wanted to try that project

Comment

I am about ready to move on this

Comment

It's still holding up great despite 2 hard freezes In November. The warm weather lately has it looking lush while the same grass in the yard is dormant.

Comment

Looking great! I could come up with a new beer drinking game pretty quick if I had a putting green in my back yard lol.

Comment

I added 2 more holes to the green for a total of 4 now.

I need to add more sand pretty soon but overall it came out of the winter in good shape.

My plan is to get a better reel mower (gas powered) that can mow shorter than the 1/4" height I'm limited too now.

Still haven't put that bunker in yet either.

Comment

I am going to do this soon, I don't have any idea what kind of grass I have, mostly weeds, anything I should do first, maybe plant grass and let it get going before I start?? I am also wanting to put some different levels in it, should I just do that with the sand and water it in good before starting?? If you decide to sell your mower when you get another, I may be interested
              Last edited by mboltm; 05-18-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I remember this thread when you first started it. Glad to see it's working out well. You should be one heck of a putter by now. That would make for a real good time there!

Comment

Unclefish, I know this thread is an old one, but I was curious on if/how your little green has held up the last year with all of the rain.

My uncle is a course superintendent and I've always enjoyed watching people take on greens/ranges/little courses of their own.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Don't forget the iron. We sprayed fe once a month during the grow season. Of course, we also watered every day around 5am. We had 29 greens and each was about $100k to build properly. Yes they were almost tour quality. We also plugged or aeriated once a year and amended the voids level with a mixture of sand and fertilizers. The grass you mentioned in Galveston is bred to survive the salt air Galveston sees. Just a bit north we used tiff eagle irc.

Cool project. Looks pretty good.

Comment

Whats this look like now? this makes me want to do in my byard badly

Comment

We need an update!!!

Comment

great build. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

Any updates on this?? ever do anything else to it?

Comment

Working...
                                X