Hogs lake lavon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickers

Maybe we could do like a hunting club and have a TBH sticker and we could know whose out on Lavon just by seeing the stickers.

Comment

I've hunted ducks ouy there in the winter for the last couple of years, but haven't gone after hogs yet. Do you guys sit in stands over night or still hunt at twilight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Break in

Originally posted by WhiskerBizkit View Post
        I don't know how to post pictures but just informing everyone my pickup truck was vandalized/broken into at the access point of cr325 and 318 in broad daylight. Sherrif came to do a report and take pictures.
        My soap box

Maybe hunters should place a hidden camera in there vehicle or some where near by in the event of a break in of any vehicle or poaching or illegal dumping or junkies or any other crime. That might help put criminals were they belong:behind bars or under P.O. supervision. There by making it a little safer for hunters and all others that enjoy the great outdoors.
        IMHOP : Ill gotten goods is theft and should be addressed.
        Rules, regulations and laws are there to protect.
        It ****** me off when the hog hunting rules changed because of thieving poachers. So now people have to wait just to hunt an invasive species because of a few selfish people.
        Now we have to watch out for thieves and vandals. If I see that happening I"ll snitch and worry about the stitches later. This is not Oak Cliff or Pleasant Grove. Stand up , speak up ,report or just be present and looking.

Comment

Originally posted by mttgrrd1976 View Post
          My soap box

Maybe hunters should place a hidden camera in there vehicle or some where near by in the event of a break in of any vehicle or poaching or illegal dumping or junkies or any other crime. That might help put criminals were they belong:behind bars or under P.O. supervision. There by making it a little safer for hunters and all others that enjoy the great outdoors.
          IMHOP : Ill gotten goods is theft and should be addressed.
          Rules, regulations and laws are there to protect.
          It ****** me off when the hog hunting rules changed because of thieving poachers. So now people have to wait just to hunt an invasive species because of a few selfish people.
          Now we have to watch out for thieves and vandals. If I see that happening I"ll snitch and worry about the stitches later. This is not Oak Cliff or Pleasant Grove. Stand up , speak up ,report or just be present and looking.
          There's a pretty good chance the ones being "selfish" are surrounding land owners.
          Last edited by Goldeneagle; 09-30-2018, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Anybody hunt lately on lavon? Also how much is the permit?
            Last edited by Choward113; 10-04-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Choward113 View Post
              Permit is free. You just have to stop by the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Choward113 View Post
                I was out there a few weeks ago. It was very overgrown. Not much point out there now unless you're chasing squirrels. As hog hunting is banned until deer season is over.

The permit if free at the lake office.

How can we go about getting this ban reversed?
                Last edited by Turnkey; 10-04-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Is deer hunting allowed in Lavon now?
                  Originally posted by Turnkey View Post
                  I was out there a few weeks ago. It was very overgrown. Not much point out there now unless you're chasing squirrels. As hog hunting is banned until deer season is over.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Turnkey View Post

I believe the local Backcountry Hunters and Anglers group has been trying to work with the Corps to get a number of things improved for hunters but I’m not sure of their progress. Look them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogwired View Post
                      Is deer hunting allowed in Lavon now?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                      No.

Comment

Did they remove the hog hunting ban during Collin County deer seasons for 2018? I didn't see it the hunt policy this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                          Did they remove the hog hunting ban during Collin County deer seasons for 2018? I didn't see it the hunt policy this year.
                          Look right in the middle of the page. Just above the pic.

Comment

From the 2018-2019 Ft. Worth district USACE hunting guide
                            Feral hog hunting will not be allowed in all areas during archery and general deer season dates as noted for Collin County
                            Either the private landowners around there have the corp in their back pocket or the hunting program there is run by a bunch of anti's.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              From the 2018-2019 Ft. Worth district USACE hunting guide

Either the private landowners around there have the corp in their back pocket or the hunting program there is run by a bunch of anti's.
                              D. All of the above.

Comment

Maybe people should stop poaching deer and they wouldn't have to shut it down during deer season.

Comment

Working...
                                X